Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Elf, Jason Barnett, Alabama

PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I received five items from the heart of BBQ country.
Golden Rule Original BBQ sauce
Dreamland BBQ sauce
The BBQ Shop BBQ sauce
The BBQ Shop Championship Seasoning
Rendezvous Famous Seasoning
I'll try the seasonings in my "beer can" chicken and sauce on the outside.
Thank you very much. I don't know your forum name. Please tell us.

Comments

• I live in Alabama and I love Dreamland sauce (and their ribs are to die for), although it is really thin, but I am not a fan of Golden Rule's sauce. I don't know your elf, but hope you enjoy your southern bbq goodies.
  • I'm the elf in question...Dreamland is the big think in Alabama. Personally, it isn't my favorite, but a lot of people LOVE it like CrimsonTideGirl. Golden Rule is another big chain in Alabama. The bbq shop rub and sauce is really great. It is a local shop here and has done really well in some competitions. Rendezvous rub is a very unique rub. It has a lot of Greek influence. Look up Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous, it is world famous and has appeared on a LOT of TV shows, such as rib paradise, Man vs. Food, Bobby Flay BBQ, etc...
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Thank you again. Good to know who you are. I'm anxious to try everything. Pretty cold and snowy here in Western, PA but I still try to light the egg.
  • I'm sure it is very cold up there. Down here we are experiencing snow and sleet with many of the roads in the county closed right now. I know it isn't anything compared to what you guys experience, but for us it is pretty crippling. I have cooked on the egg a couple times this week, though... So thats good.
    Enjoy!