Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plano Egghead Gathering 2010 - The Movie

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I burned some midnight grease and managed to get the Plano Egghead Gathering movie up and posted on YouTube.

Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmVU72SThz0

Now you can believe us when we say we had fun.

Spring "Time To Roost" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Very good Leroy. Well worth the time invested in production values :whistle:
    For real, very good film sir ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Leroy,

You're getting pretty good at making movies, but there is still room for improvement, my friend.

For instance, you need to concentrate on aiming the camera so that we can see the people's faces. I can't even tell who this guy is from the movie.

Just sayin' ...........

cleavage.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Great work Spring Chicken along with the Product Placement.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    :54 through :58 were the best parts of the video :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Great video as usual. so many familiar happy faces, isn't Kari a guarantee, :laugh: a very happy Lora winning the mini wowwwwwwwww oh & Loved those feathers too :laugh:
  • Thanks Mickey. I may get the hang of this new Slide Flip video camera down pat by March and I won't have to cut so many segments because they were so bad.

Also, the new editing program is quite a bit more complex than the earlier one. Slow as I am it might take a while for me to learn it.

Not to worry though, Salado Egghead Gathering 2011 - The Movie will be at least half way good.

Spring "Half Way Good Is Also Half Way Bad" Chicken
  • You're like a regular Roger Ebert, aren't you. Funny, Stike seems to have picked that same segment to claim as his favorite.

Spring "Can't Please Everybody" Chicken
  • It was fun to shoot, for sure... Even more fun to edit and edit and edit and edit and edit...

Spring "One Good Eye, One Good Shot" Chicken
  • Thanks...

I was hoping you would pop in on the Forum this morning to see you and your bride in the movie. You both photograph well.

I missed a lot of good shots because I was too slow.

Spring "Camera, Action, Shoot, Shoot Again, Shoot Again, Shucks Missed It" Chicken
  • Thanks Beli. Yes, smiles were everywhere and Kari was right among them as usual. She's like a party all by herself, but highly contagious.

Yes, Lora is now officially an Egghead and Darian no longer has the Egg monoply on Eggs at the Hofer residence.

Judy made my 'do-rag' for me to wear special at the Plano Gathering in memory of Carwash Mike. But not wanting to wear just a simple do-rag, I took liberties with it and added the most appropriate fashion statement I could think of.

I think I heard CWM chuckling his approval.

Spring "Going To Do A Chuckle Roast" Chicken
  • Mornin' Leroy,

Sure was a fun gathering....let's do that again, say, on the 18th :evil:

Promise to have my singing voice in fine form :blush:

Thanks for all the memories B)

Desert "Let's Do It Again" Oasis Woman
    and her Hawaiin Poolboy, Ku

PS Great job Hornhonk and Bonnie :woohoo:
  • The 18th sounds good to me.

You bringing your pool boy? The 'Girls' would like him.

Spring "'twas A Week Before Christmas And All Through The Coop, The Creatures Were Standing Around A Big Bowl Of Margarita Soup" Chicken.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    What a Souper-Douper job you did on the movie, Leroy.You are a regular Chicken B. DeMcmillan. :)
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Awesome job! Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Maybe you should get paid by BGE to be the "official videographer"! ;)
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Good job, Leroy!
  • Thanks Steve, but you did all the hard work putting the Gathering together, and the Eggs did their usual magic to make it taste good. All I did was assemble pictures.

Spring "Photo Assembler" Chicken
  • Ha... Big Green Egg Videographer does have a nice ring to it but I doubt that they would make it ring "Ker-Ching" like a cash register.

Making the movies is fun and gives us something to pass on to those who couldn't be there. But thanks for the suggestion.

Spring "Ker-Thunk" Chicken
  • Thanks Bob. I try, but even the best software and most talented videographer can't duplicate the "REAL" fun we had.

I think Eggheads are their at their best when playing at an Eggfest.

Spring "Playing Egghead" Chicken
  • Leroy, I loved your 2010 Plano film! :) Looks like a fun time was had by all.

I suppose I'll have to watch the Oscars once again to see if you win for best short story. :laugh:
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Your friend was having so much fun I think you should bring her to the Chicken Ranch on the 18th.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Great video Leroy, and it absolutely looked like a Plano good time..
  • Thanks Rebecca. The red carpet is not in my future but I don't care. I get plenty of sincere 'thank-yous' right here. That's good enough for me. In fact, it's even better.

Spring "Appreciation Is My Oscar" Chicken
  • Thanks Wess,

Yes it was a "Plano good time." I suppose we could also say it was a "Goodo good time." Either one would work because everybody had a "Plano Goodo Good Time."

You and Sally have to make another trip to Texas. But you already know that, don't you?

The 18th is good for us...

Spring "Plain And Simple" Chicken
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks like I missed a really great time Leroy!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    now there's an idea! Bryce will be home from college so he'll be there for sure.
  • You sure did. This was 'your' kind of party from start to finish. But DOW stood in for you in her normally reserved manner. Oh wait! No she didn't...

But there's still the Coop Christmas Party and the Salado Egghead Gathering to warm you up for the Oklahoma and Texas Eggfests.

Spring "Nineteen Days & Counting" Chicken