Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mainegg\'s Bogus NHEggfest pics and some others

Options
Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know who that ugly fat guy in the orange is that Mainegg is trying to pass off as me, but yikes.

Under protest, I am hereby going to post my actual pic. Apparently some folks don't think I exist, or that I'm a BGE vampire or recluse. Troglodyte? well, that's up for debate.

Here I am with one of my sausages.
brats-with-p.jpg

Cooked six of these. Two each of fresh brats, fresh sweet italian, and the surprise hit (to me) the chicken with sundried tomatoes and basil.

Alright, that's not me. It's my buddy. He doesn't post here much, so if he wants to out himself he can. but that IS one of my sausages. one of the brats i think

Here's his lovely wife.

althea_breakfast.jpg

She's making this great breakfast thingey of french bread, bacon, eggs, etc. etc. which I'm not doing justice by trying to describe. Almost custardy. Check out her full sleeve tats. She's a tough cat. We hang with these cooking monsters whenever we can. They do stuff off the cuff that would take me a week of planning. In fact, i talked to them Friday and they weren't sure exactly what they were cooking. seriously.

Here he is test-driving an XL. dates and apricot stuffed with manchego cheese and wrapped in bacon. great stuff.

p_on-the-XL.jpg

here's the queen bee (she had her tattoos removed around lunch time somehow) celebrating the successful flip of a a massive pineapple upside down cake.

success.jpg

she made it with dizzypig's pineapple rub. man o man. not kidding when i say there was a line around the block when that was cooling. i told everyone she wasn't gonna serve the damn thing, she just wanted to let everyone have a look. unfortunately, they stuck around, and i had to share it with the whole place. they both also cooked a chocolate hot-pepper cake that is a hit every year. no pic of that, though. same size as the pineapple cake.

here's the hardest working chick in show biz.

wwsis-rockin-it.jpg

we supposedly had some celebrities there, but if they were i never saw them do anything but sit under a tent. this gal (no exaggeration) cooked NINETY quesadillas all day long, virtually no break. they were on, flipped, stuffed and cut in no more than three minutes each as far as i could tell. she rocked it, but was looking a little tired after ward. her husband drank all her beer, so i gave her one when she finally sat down. total champ.

i threatened to post ONLY this pic, and say that she did nuthin all day, but i don't have the heart.

wwsis_slacking.jpg

i'll let you figure out who she is, or she can out herself. not sure if she wants to lay low, what with the kind of brother she has and all :woohoo: :whistle: (just kiddng M. N.)

my wife (on the right) and the great Julie (mainegg)

julie_and_D.jpg

Julie doesn't have an unfriendly bone in her body, and has hosted us at her house as well as treated us to some great time at the last couple fests here. top nothc. yes, my wife is out of my league... i admit it. she's also out of fidel's league and max's league. both max and fidel haven't realized that my wife was being kind to them because after spending an evening's dinner with them she realized how sad and disturbed they were. a kiss at the door (as she is shutting it, mind you) when they leave, and yet for them it constitutes "making out". of course, she does the same to me, which is how i know. she is kind to those less fortunate than herself. me included.

now. only because julie managed to take a pic of me am i forced to counter. she apparently had the "fat and pale" setting on her camera set very high when she shot that from across the parking lot. i think she took another pic, (hopefully better!) but if not, here's a closer-up one from last year.

daddy_at_the_eggfest_SMALL.jpg

ok ok, so i DID paste george clooney's face on my body a month ago or so. here is the original. no, i'm not george clooney, but hopefully i ain't andy rooney either, like that other pic. hahaha

my wife and i broke our humps making fifteen pounds of sausage the week of the event (my new stuffer did NOT arrive yet, and we stuffed with the horrible kitchen-aid stuffer). the KA is good for 5 pound batches, but not anything more than that. despite what we thought of as hard work, i saw nearly everyone around me cooking all day without a break too. we barely got a chance to roam. i was very impressed, having never cooked at a fest before. i thought it was going to be easy, and despite having "nothing" to do but cook those sausages, we were beat. hat's off to everyone else, especially the newbies one door over who had never cooked on an egg before and were cooking on the one they bought that very day.

got to see ccbassking (infrequent forum visitor these days), he's co-pilot doug, and Capt. Cook and lovely wife. other than that, not many forum folks there (that i could tell)

onna side note... i ended up buying a large for a buddy of mine. he might be signing on. be easy on him. he isn't very intelligent. (!) i got more help than i could have hoped for from folks cooling it, loading it, etc. neil (mr. mainegg), paul, and a couple others. was a great time, made easier and even better by the folks on both sides of me (and in the camper just a bit further down).

b/t/w, thanks to julie's security breach, i'll be needing to reenter the witness relocation program under a new name and identity.

>>EDITED

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yep, look how cute that darlene is!! just the way rod and i remember her!!! ..growlllllllll!!!!

you on the other hand, well, that picture makes you look about as good you can look!. ..and glad to hear you weren't poisoning folks with that raw duck stuff this year (oh yeah i forgot, you called it prociutto last year, geez!!). ...

yep, time for you to move again, but don't worry, we'll find you!!! :evil:
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Just change your name to Stripstike and pass yourself of as an Ausie :laugh:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    OK what is with this going back years to post pics that you approve of??? crap I am hauling out my wedding pic and using that! I am even skinnier than you in that one!
    and on WWIS in that 90 did you count the one that went onto her foot :whistle: Julia you did haul ass girlfriend and with out a whimper all day!(and knowing your brother like I do...)
    and next to Jeff..... poor thing.
    Jeff I will forgive you anything after that sausage LOL that was the best thing there and my mother is right in love with it and still talking about it.
    "dates and apricot stuffed with manchego cheese and wrapped in bacon." :evil: :pinch: :( I do not even want to talk about it......
    and Darlene... if I lived with stike I would kiss frogs too :blush::whistle::kiss:
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    i think only about 50% of the folks got diarrhea from my undercooked sausage. actually, i was taking it to 160, and my buddy on the XL kept saying "120, i'd do it to 120" and gave me grief about "overcooking it". imagine, ME being mr. Food Safety. i even had those plastic frikkin gloves when handling the food.

:laugh:

darlene says "hi" by the wy. also says to tell you to stop trying to friend her on facebook.
    Options
    good plan!
    good to see you. how are the searing abdominal cramps from my sausage, by the way?
    Options
    you goober. i don't have any current fest pics of me other than that one. you ran it thru the "ogre" filter in photoshop. hahah

actually, i am getting a bunch of pics that my andover pals next door took(the pineapple upside down gal and husband). they have some of me from this current fest.

that way i won't be falling back on highschool photos.
    hahaha

did you like the sausage in a totally unbiased "i must pretend" way? i thought they were good, but can't take any credit. they were recipes straight from the book. i was just very happy with the texture, and that the fat didn't break, etc. doing 5 pounds on th kitchen aid was ok. but the 15 pounds were a pain. glad they didn't get screwed up from it.

did you like the manchego stuffed fruit? can't tell if you were saying you did or din't. we had some a few years back when they were trying different varieties, smoke, bacon, etc. have been enjoying those for a long time from them. always good.

your mom is ok by me. putting up with you and neil, she's a saint (they all are). hahaha
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    oh man, is she on facebook??!!!!got to go look her up!! of course, you just told the entire egghead nation to look up her up on FB!! DOH!!

you must own stock in proctor and gamble or something ...thats why you're always undercooking everything and making people use so much TP!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    ok I admit I gagged it down and ran for the outhouse hoping you would not see me :blush: YES I LIKE IT you nitwit! I would not have said so in every post from the fest if I did not. like I said tender nice snap and flavor. it was not greasy or tough. someone had some in Atlanta that was great to and I can not remember who. what a difference from store bought. my book should be here tomorrow and I have to check with LC again to see which grinder she and Tim have. did you use natural casings?
    and the stuffed fruit..... I did nto know they were doing it or I would have snuck around the back and stole it straight off the egg :S
    the next fest I am not cooking! that is it... all that great stuff to try and I did not get any :( I was starved as you can tell by my pics :pinch:
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Poor Paul! How could you do that to him, even in jest??? hahaha
    Options
    i know. throw his butt right under the bus if i have to. i have no shame.

by the way, everyone this year was asking where the guy was who cooked in the middle of the parking lot last year. :laugh:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow man you are right... she is out of your league!!!

one of these days i am going to do some sausage.. but with my wife going to sams all the time i have gotten real used to their brats.. they kind of grow on you :blink:

ps kudos on talking that beautiful woman into going out with you.. and more for talking her into marrige :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    The cramps have eased but the diarrhea lingers :sick:
    Options
    thanks for the props on the sausage. just making sure you weren't just being polite. haha yeah. natural casing.

and plenty of pork fat. the recipes i had listed didn't say "pork fat" like they probably should have. i don't think i'd have had many takers!
    Options
    she asked ME out, believe it or not.

you know, here's a very sad admission.... i had never really had bratwurst until making this recipe about a year ago. sure, i have had a grocery-store four inch link, overcooked and tough, but not a true brat.

it is my favorite now. very simple recipe, but the flavors are nice and mild. i like garlic, but sometimes after a couple dogs they repeat on you. you burp eight hours later ans still taste them haha . not these brats.
    Options
    yee ah ha ha.

good to see you
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    you know, you two have a lot in common, you both married way up and out of your league!!!
  • BENTE
    Options
    i will proabably ask more questions when i get closer to making some ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    thanks max but i already knew this info :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Options
    hahaha
    i saw that too but didnt figure it was a ig deal. get no loove on that sausage, but make one teensy spelling error and sheesh...

so. where were you? we could have used you there
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Used me for what? :unsure:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Options
    ask away. no pro here, but might be able to demystify. seemed more involved to me than it really was. just some temp management and minor fussing
    Options
    i have about thirty responses to that softball lob, but will refrain :laugh:
  • BENTE
    Options
    i still think your cooling of sausage to take to a party was a pro move ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Awww, shucks :) Thanks for the good words... It was the pressure of being between you and Julie that drove me... :P that, and the "don't let me down little sister :angry: " speech that I got from the Warrior! :laugh: just kidding, but I will admit it was a little daunting cooking between you two! :huh: :silly: :unsure: Thanks for the laughs and support... it was really fun hanging out with you and Darlene... :)
    Options
    all i did was flip sausage every 15 minutes. i dunno about "daunting". yeah, julie on one side and essexco (paul and althea) on the other can be a little intimidating.

i thought you were a dynamo.

next year maybe we all need cotton candy and a margarita machine too like those other guys :laugh:
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    I'll give it a go, a little squeeze-toy, a door-stop, a lawn orniment, a paper weight, a chew toy, a drip-rag or other absorbent material
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Hey pizza boy who asked your opinion? I was just seeing if stripstike would forget where he was for a moment. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    nahh, he has too much cranial volume to make that kind of mistake
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Nice looking sausages btw. I have a stuffer/grinder with a 1/2 hp motor. Can't keep up with it. Gonna try and get a bunch done this fall.

Steve 

Caledon, ON