Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggor's Jerky Rack

Options
Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am ready to build the rack tonight, but have since lost the plans I printed out. Does anyone have the plans or link handy? Thanks[p]Steve-B

Comments

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Steve-B,[p]gonna attach this link-should have said try- its never worked before

[ul][li]jerky rack[/ul]
  • Steve-B
    Options
    eggor,[p]I don't know why that never came up in archive search. Thanks a ton!!![p]Steve-B
  • eggor
    Options
    Steve-B,[p]not a major problem only took 1/2 an hour trying to find it prolly should have just emailed the pdf would have been faster. Also try your first rack without the top pieces welded on you might be surprised just how much you can get on just the lower half. If you have to pay someone to weld it minimum charge is around 20 bucks. try an indirect setup and don't go over 250 dome. let me know how it goes.

• Steve-B
    Options

I got the rack done without any major problems. I have a slightly crooked leg on one end and a little burn on my elbow. One of the earlier bends got in my way. I have the meat in the fridge and will have beef jerky at this time tommarow.[p]Steve-B

• eggor
    Options
    Steve-B,
    ok, i got a crooked leg, two busted fingers, a mole, anda dog named shadow but what about the jerky??? dont let it go too long. it wont be worth a hoot if you 'overcook'

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    eggor,[p]Excellent job on the rack. I noticed you did a direct cook. What temp and how long?[p]Thanks,[p]Tom
  • eggor
    Options
    Freak,[p]it was direct, i shot for 225 but it got up to 250 a couple times. next batch will try 225 and indirect. a lot of people say run at 180 to 200 but they are laying the meat flat on a grid which exposes a larger surface area to the fire. The results I get with my setup are great.