Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day Cook (Lots O' Pics)

Jasper
Jasper Posts: 378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! We sure did!
I made a few things on the egg today. First meal was a chili, in a DO, for my lunches at work. Way too spicy for the wife and kids, this stuff could probably strip paint! :laugh:
A couple of quick pics, after the meat was browned (ground turkey), I added the veggies, beans and spices.
chili01.jpg

After a few hours it was ready to come out.
chili02.jpg

For the Mother's Day meal, I started by cooking the potatoes and making some appetizers. The appetizers are sliced Italian sausage and mushroom wrapped in crescent roll dough, with some BBQ sauce inside.
MD01.jpg

Done and ready to serve.
MD02.jpg

Next came some nachos and another dip. My wife made the dip, don't remember the name. It has cheese in it. :laugh:
MD03.jpg

After that, the potatoes were done, ready to be sliced, scooped, stuffed and recooked.
MD04.jpg

Potatoes on with a spatchcock and beercan chickens.
MD05.jpg

I forgot to take pictures after that because I was in such a rush but it all turned out great. Next came the dessert. I did an upside down pineapple cake in a CI skillet (thanks Colleen!). Pineapples on for a quick minute to get some char marks.
MD06.jpg

Again, I forgot to take more pics of the process. I followed Colleen's recipe, laid out the pineapples on the CI skillet with the cherries and added the cake mix.
MD07.jpg

Just about done here.
MD08.jpg

Flipped upside down.
MD09.jpg

Last piece left.
MD10.jpg

I was surprised it turned out so well for my first try. I know everyone else liked it because the whole thing was almost gone!

Cheers everyone!

Comments