Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thirdeye's Standing Rib Roast Recipe

Options
NoVA Bill
NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I needed to put together a little celebration dinner for my daughter and her boy friend after she found a new job in this economy. Had an 8 lbs angus standing rib roast in the freezer so rib roast it was.

Followed thirdeye's recipe for Prime Rib, painted the roast in Lee and Perinns added Montreal Steak rub and S&P, indirect cook with PS most of the way at 250 - 275 dome. Pulled at 122 degrees after 4 hours, rested for 20 min them back into the egg at 500 degrees for 4 min.

My wife, Lyn, made her special mashed taters, I made an au jus, vege medly and a horseraddish sauce, add a fresh loaf of Italian bread all accompanied by a very nice Rhone wine. I must say everyone was impressed with the meal, the rib roast was great.

IMG00104-1.jpg
IMG00105-1.jpg

There'll be some pretty good sammiches for lunch tomorrow. :woohoo:

I should have taken a picture of everyone but I was as busy as a one-armed paper hanger.

Comments