Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Shrimp,Shark,Salmon

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
80 degrees today and just enough showers to keep me from trashing the Harley Sooooo time to Egg. First the raws per usual.
FoodJan09079-2.jpg

Started out with simple salmon. Skin on fellets with fresh limon squeeze, brushed with EVOO, Main sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and DP's Swamp Venium indirect at 250 with plenty of presimmon till weeping and tinder.
FoodJan09080-2.jpg

FoodJan09081-1.jpg

FoodJan09085-1.jpg

Next up some shark. The fellet was 1 1/2 inch thick so I butterflyed it, made a "rub" of honey,dejon mustard,Main salt, cracked pepper and limmon juice. Indirect at 300 till 125 meat temp.
FoodJan09086.jpg

FoodJan09088-1.jpg

Butterflyed shrimp marinated in EVOO, salt, cracked pepper, oragano, and fresh limmon with the rine. Direct with presimmon till tinder.
FoodJan09091.jpg

FoodJan09092.jpg

Andy was enjoying the warm spring day as I cooked! ;)
FoodJan09087-2.jpg

And of course Jake thought it was "swell" seeing as no fowel was harmed!! :P
FoodJan09094-1.jpg

FoodJan09095.jpg

FoodJan09097.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Seems like a seafood night everywhere tonight. As usual great job JL.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks fantastic! Upping the pics with flowers, love it!
    Where do I find presimmon? I've been meaning to ask you this for a while.
    Thanks for the great pictuorials, love them.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    JL

Great to see another one of your innovative cooks....I mean not only the food but that pink flower as well!!!!!!!!!......If I was to come & visit you I think I would end the day like Andy......couldn't be happier.... :laugh:
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Hi JL!
    I always look forward to your posts. TV's "on" here and even with 300 channels, this forum and especially your posts are more entertaining. Guess it will be a few years until we see those bass and cats from your pond on the forum.
    Brian
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Good looking cook! Great inspiration for the next week.

Slick
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Looks good as usual JL. I've never had shark. Like to try it someday.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    JL,

Looking good Bud. Really liking those flowers in your presentations. ;)
    What shift are you on this week?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    The flowers are peach blossems. Been taking a bunch of pics for an OT post about spring the next few days. Andy as well ass all us "Southerners" are really enjoying the warm weather. Problem is Tuesday 80 pluse and by Thurs. mid 40's and rain. Just nasty! Oh and Steven, 2:15 in the morning for work days Monday and Tuesday. :blink: Molly you fixing to have mail.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Nice dinner! How is the shark meat? I don't think I've ever tried any of that before...sounds interesting. Anyway, you've given me some good ideas for what to cook this week. It's 80°+ down here, and really nice to get out and cook some 'en, you know?

Now tell me why that cat is in the cage again?...:)

Later, man!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Definately, a seafood feast.
  • Charleston Dave
    Options
    Beautiful as always, JL...you're going uptown on us with the food styling.

I'm loving all the pics!
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    J- Always enjoy your posts! Nice job!! WHAT??? No Beer with din din??? (that's not like you!) :laugh: :woohoo: I see Jake is still the lead judge of your efforts.... :laugh:
    Thanks for the post!
    Michelle
    Hollywood, Fl
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    JL you are living the good life with Salmon Shark and Shrimp looking good my friend Those Brussels Sprouts I would of par boil them the sliced them and sautéed them in butter and garlic but maybe next time.

Ross