Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lawry's HawIian marinade

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any one out there ever try this product and would you add your favorite dry rub after your chicken or what ever you treated after the marinating process?

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    I use it as part of my finishing sauce, I don't use it to marinate. I add some fresh/canned pineapple, some teriyaki sauce and some other stuff, I use some of this during the 1 hour foil wrap on my ribs, then smother the ribs when they are done and ready to serve.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Can't speak for the Hawaiian blend but I often use the 'Teriyaki with pineapple juice' mix for skirt steaks and the like. Also, the 'Havana Garlic & Lime' stuff works wonders with tuna steaks! Cook for fun and let the neighbors know that you're not just a generic, kitchen slave (it helps to throw a few chunks of raw onion in the fire from time to time)! Got this tip here and use it often! 8 - )
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Thank you for the tip as I was going to do some chicken breast and shrimp tonight and with all of the citrus that they use shrimp can almost pre cook if left in that kind of a marinade for to long.
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Your advice also welcomed.I would not hesitate to pour some over a hunk of pork or beef.But then on the other hand I have marinated chicken with Goya Mojo Criollo that has citrus in it overnight with no problems.I just thought that the Lawry's might have to much of a citrus base but not sure as I have never used it before.