Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SSN686's - Sausage/Cheese Bread Roll Question

Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking to make SSN's - Sausage/Cheese Bread Roll this weekend. I was wondering if you could get everything set and leave it in the bundt in the refrigerator overnight. This way I would not have to get up to early in order to have it for breakfast. I know I could bake it the day before and then reheat it but there is nothing like eating it hot and fresh. Thanks.
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    My opinion is if you do make it I would not put it in the bunt pan until your ready to bake it. If you wrap it up good it should stay. But I could be wrong. Good Luck.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Bread will rise in the fridge. Give it a test and it should work fine. As always I do it ahead of time so I know the outcome.
    It is worth a try and let me know. I am thinking of doing it for a large men's breakfast I have the end of Aug. I even though of adding a little cinammon to the egg for a taste kick.

E
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    According to SSN's last post on this recipe, which I found by searching the forum...
    "It is too easy to not do it. This was prepped last night and stored in the fridge. I got up this morning, set it out of the fridge while I got the Egg going. Once the Egg was stabilized at about 360 - 370 (30 minutes) it went on and then 35 to 40 minutes later it's on the table ready to be cut. If you don't have it, the recipe is on my website (link below)."

Sounds like you'd be ok to make it ahead and leave it in the fridge overnight... ;)
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Retired RailRoader:

Yes, preparing it the night before is just fine. That is the way we typically do it, and we usually leave it in the bundt pan overnight too. If you do put it in the fridge overnight you do need to place a damp cloth over it or the top will dry out too much.

What I would recommend is that you take it out of the fridge before you light the Egg. That way it can come close to room temp before putting it on the Egg. The 30 minutes or so that it takes for the Egg to stabilize is just fine for giving the dough time to warm up a little.

At the EggFests we have always prepped them the night before and if we do more than two (normally only bring two bundt pans) we put the extras in a bowl or other container with a damp cloth over them. I know no one has seemed to mind the way they have come out at the EggFests. :laugh:

HTH

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686's sausage roll is awsome. Try the choc. one also!