Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Benedict & Steve\'s Salmon

Options
Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Breakfast time & my wife treated me to this delicacy.....The Smoked Sockeye Salmon is thanks to Steve who was so kind to send it all the way from Canada to México....Notice the Canadian Flag Colours.. ;)

DSCN3478.jpg

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Good looking meal. Did you make the canadian bacon yourself?

Here's some eggs benedict with my canadian bacon. No salmon deliveries yet. Haha.

DSCI0009-7.jpg
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Guys those look incredible.
    Big Un, did you do the Canadian Bacom on the egg? Care to share your recipe/technique for the eggs and holandaise?
  • Beli
    Options
    Those look fantastic...The canadian salmon was a present from Steve. "Little Steven"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    It was an Eggs Benedict brunch here too, but using Canadian bacon plus tender asparagus spears and of course a bottle of champagne! I love these tasty holiday weekend brunches where calories are never mentioned by name!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Beli
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Yea...those calories just keep climbing I would'n mind if they were from Champagne though ;)
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I've found the best & easiest hollandaise sauce. I believe it's McCormick's brand and it comes in a packet. I add some canned diced jalapenos to it and a little of the juice from the can in place of some of the liquid. I also use Nueske's brand canadian bacon. It's so EZ and is to die for.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    sure thing. I sometimes finish the bacon on the egg but mostly the broiler in oven works(since the canadian bacon was cooked on the egg originally).

DSCI0009.jpg

As far as the cooked egg, I get a coffee cup with a flat bottom, melt a small amount of butter in it, then I crack an egg into the cup. I then microwave it for about 25-30 secs(Make sure you cover it with a napkin or something because eggs can explode in microwave). Then I get a butter knife and walk it around the edge of the inside of the cup to get the egg to release from the cup, and invert it onto the toasted muffin and bacon.

I'd like to tell you that I mixed tarrogon, white wine, cream, egg yolks, etc. for the hollandaise, but the truth is, I use the knorr packets because they taste almost as bright, and there's little cleanup or fuss. HTH. I sprinkle some old bay on the top to kick'em off. I want to see some pics soon!
  • Beli
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!!