Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Feast for parents.

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My parents always get jellous cause we have my riding partner and his wife over so much so today invited them over. Mother loves my stuffed yard bird breast and Dad loves cow. Doesn't matter as long as it once went mooo. :laugh:
Stuffed the split bone in breast with onion, garlic, sundryed tomatoes, andui sausage and fresh garlic saltaid in EVOO till tinder. Next added season bread crumbs and a little gratted cheese.
middlemay002-2.jpg
middlemay004-2.jpg
middlemay005.jpg
middlemay006-1.jpg

Next up zucinnie and yellow squash coated with EVOO and seasoned with garlic pepper and Tony's
middlemay007-2.jpg
middlemay008-1.jpg

Time to start cooking. Bird at 300 pit to internal meat temp of 165 indirect.
middlemay009-1.jpg
middlemay013-1.jpg

Vegs direct 350 pit till tender.
middlemay014-1.jpg
middlemay015-3.jpg

Big ,thick sirloin simi Trexed for Dad and 2 sirloin strips for me and wife cavemaned. ;)
middlemay017-1.jpg
middlemay018-2.jpg
middlemay019-2.jpg

Supper is served. Sent some home with them and enjoyed the company in the Smoke Shack. Am very nice Memorial Day. :)
middlemay020-1.jpg
middlemay021-2.jpg

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    good stuff . i am happy for you. my dad will be gone 40 years this october. i was 17. he was a wwII vet. north africa, anzio, battle of the bulge, purple heart.,..... i never made him a meal. give him a hug
    bill
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    The good Lord has truley blessed me as both mine are 70 years old and active. Mom walks 2 miles in 31 min. each day and Dad hunted 54 out of 60 days duck hunting last year but I can tell its getting hard for him. I try to see them twice a week. I know this day had to bring back memories for you with the service your dad did. Hope you had the boys with you today.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    JL,
    Nice cook!
    My Best,
    Ross
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    the boys were home this weekend and i cooked for them, fed mom breakfast sat. and sunday. kind of hungover sunday... mom [dementia] says 'what is wrong with your eyes' :laugh:
    we [as a culture] forget how much the women who waited and worked gave to the effort. mom waited almost 4 years for dad to come home, he sent 1/2 his pay to my mom to save in case he made it back and the other half to his mom as his father was ill . i would be proud to be half the man he was ..... thanks for the kind words
    bill
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Heyyyyyy JL..... what a great looking variety Felicidades!!!......all the best to you & family
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Nice spread, man! Bet everyone was happy and full after a lunch like that!

I'm so tired now. Shut the vents on both eggs at 8PM tonight after getting started last night at midnight. Lots of family over, not too much food left. Hitting a brick wall right now, but will post a little bit later.

Have a good evening!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Proud of him and bill sure you gave him many other big satisfactions instead of cooking for him at the time.
    We have a saying in Spanish " De tal palo tal astilla" literally meaning from such wood such a splinter. Sorry when I´m tired my english doesn´t come as easy. Saludos!!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Be proud of spending time with your folks. I'd give my right arm to spend 15 mins with my Dad. God bless you all and your parents.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Big'un,

Me too. And the other arm to see my Mom.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Your English might need a touch of work but their meaning and timing are spot on! ;)
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Dad just left. Was training his Labs and one of our cows had a retained plecenta and not doing good. Helped me get her up to treat. Don't know what I would do w/o eather of them. Truley blessed!
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Good looking cook JL, going to have to try your stuffed chicken breast for the wifey soon.