Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp for grillin' burgers

Options
Buckdodger
Buckdodger Posts: 957
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have got to cook burgers for my grandaughters softball team this weekend. Including parents, about 30 people total. I have LBGE and will be using a CI grate. The meat will be ground chuck about 1/2 inch thick.
I did the forum search for cooking info and got temps ranging from 350 to 600. My concern is that amount of meat on the Egg at one time. Any suggestions form the Eggsperts or anyone that has cooked that many burgers at once. Thanks
Bob
Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I'd run it at 350 if cooking at the regular grid level......400 if using a raised grid.
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Thanks egret...Bob

Opelika, Alabama
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Along the lines of your question, I'm wondering how much time should we allow to cook burgers (regular grill height) at 350?

Some folks cook em slow and they come out great. Where you have 30 people to feed, many of which are kids, I'm thinking time per burger would be good to know going in.
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    I didn't think about it b4 I posed the question but I went to the BGE web site and clicked on grilling tips. The "Chef" cooked a mess of burgers at 500...did not say for how long. Think I'll go 500 and 3 or 4 minutes per side till juices run clear to be safe. Thanks guys. Bob

Opelika, Alabama