Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm cooking some'en: PG-13 chicken?

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WARNING: CONTAINS PICS OF NAKED TOES AND CHICKEN!!!
Ok I'm posting this on the new/new forum or is it the old new foru....? (Need another Porter to figure it all out) Anyway .com with new format. OK enough about that, anyway a little spatchcock yardbird with my yardbird rub of equal parts(for the most part) salt, pepriccia,ginger,cummin,chillie powder,garlic pepper. Rub bird down with EVOO and pull skin away from breast and thigh, shove some of the rub under skin and squeeze lime under skin and on top of skin. Indirect at 275 to 300 to 160-170 breast temp. with a chunk each of oak,pressimon, and hickory wood.
Next scallops, small, but all I could find. Coat in EVOO, cracked black pepper, Old Bay seasoning, lime juice, fresh garlic (4 cloves). Going to toss them in in a few after bird gets going good. Suggestions on how long to cook them at 275ish welcomed. Just made up this scallop recipe so we'll see. Never done them b4. bill enjoy the toes but not to much!! :laugh:
FOODMIDAPRIL001.jpg
FOODMIDAPRIL003.jpg
FOODMIDAPRIL004.jpg
FOODMIDAPRIL005.jpg
FOODMIDAPRIL006.jpg
FOODMIDAPRIL007.jpg
FOODMIDAPRIL008.jpg

Comments