Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I've decided to cook....ClayQ help

Options
Desert Filly
Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hodag Cookies at Oklahoma. This recipe has seriously been sitting on our recipes to do stand for 2 years. I've decided to eggsperiment in OKC. ClayQ..can you tell me something about this "cookie" since you were the one that posted it...Jun 30.'06? What is Hodag?
Thanks...
Kim

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Desert Filly:

Hi Kim, I'm not ClayQ, but I did do a variation of his Hodag things a while back. The link HODAG BREAKFAST should take you to how I did them. Hope this helps.

Wish we were able to make Oklahoma, but just wasn't in the cards this year. See y'all soon at Waldorf.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Thanks Jay. From the date...you made these just a couple of days after he posted...my print out is Jun 30,'06. I get to use Randy's homemade sausage....as I said....I've been meaning to do this for 2 years. Wish me luck...first time around I'll stick to the recipe. Do you know what a Hodag is?

We'll catch you in Waldorf. How's your Mom doing?
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Desert Filly:

I have no idea what a Hoday is. In a response to ClayQ's post about these RRP has a link to something about a Hodag, but I didn't read the whole thing. Here is the link HODAG LINK

Thanks for asking about my Mother. She is feeling better, but unfortunately she was involved in an auto accident this morning. She wasn't driving and luckily no major injuries (bruises and aches), but her car may be done for (my brother says that is a good thing since, in his opinion, she shouldn't be driving anymore).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    A hodag is a dangerous meat eating animal that lives up in the woods around the Rhinelander area of Wisconsin....even a bear won't mess with a hodag. Thought I'd name the snacks after it, ....Hodag Cookies.
    AZRP's sausage would be great for Hodags.... process the meat nice and smooth so it spreads with a butter knife and sticks into the muffins.
    Good luck!
    Clay