Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions on cooking nine 10oz Ribeye's on the BGE?

CrustyTheCook
CrustyTheCook Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to be cooking the above on Saturday night. I just got my BGE today and cooked T-Bones. I am a changed man!! It's like I discovered fire or something! I would like any suggestions anyone may have. I have pecan pellets, j daniels chips, cherry pellets, and various rubs. Thanks in advance for any responses![p]

Comments

• CrustyTheCook,
    Are they as thick as your prior steaks? Weight is irrevalant....the thickness is what counts! If they are thinner than last night's, back off a minute or so each side, and maybe reduce the dwell by a minute or so and cut into one and check it out. As far as seasoning, simple is usually best...try salt and pepper....or one of my favorites from this site...salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and rub some yellow mustard--each side! Don't worry. it will "not" taste like mustard! Good luck and welcome to the world of the Egg. Don't you feel special now? I have for about 13 months!!!!!
    Big Murth

• CrustyTheCook, You'll have to do some rotating and flipping to get 9 steaks done at one cook. I always season my steaks with Char Crust Roasted Garlic Peppercon seasoning. I don't have any association with Char Crust except that I like it. I also let my steaks sit out and get to room temp before cooking. Some folks like a 3 min per side sear and a 3 min dwell time to achieve med or med rare doneness. I think 9 steaks could take a bit longer just because that volume of meat can soak up more BTU's. If you have thicker cuts, you'll need more cook time of course.