Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday's Project

Will be cooking plate ribs on Sunday. My first time cooking beef ribs. I'm planning on doing minimal trimming, cover with Meat Church Holy Cow rub, indirect at 275 for 8 hours or until done, no wrap. Then let it rest at ambient temperature for approximately 90 minutes. 

Comments

• 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 272
    - That is quite the enviable project. I hope you knock it out of the park!!!
    - I just did 2 x 4's (2 racks of 4 bone beef chuck ribs) yesterday.  Was a follow-on cook to the one I just did on Sunday.  I like plates much better but the Restaurant Depot near us never carries them and packs the Beef Chuck Ribs as 4 racks of 4 bones to the Cryovac package. 

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Dang!  Now I want beef ribs!

Depending on the cow, I have had them get done in 5-6 hours at that dome temperature.  So, watch them closely between hours 5 and 8!  (I am not sure I have had a rack take 8 hours)

Also, 90 minutes might be a bit longer than you want to rest.  Especially if not in a cooler.  They tend to cool off faster than a Brisket.  Plus, I know I couldn't wait that long to dig into those bad-boys!

Looking forward to the post-cook report!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Toothpick test for the win.  Great project for sure.  Brisket on a stick.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    plz post some after pics! TY
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @Jackster21 - that is bringing it home and delivering "brisket on a stick."
    Nailed the cook!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 272
    Knocked it out of the park. Look awesome!
  • Bravo! That looks wonderful.
    Stillwater, MN