Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hickory smoked pork butt in MMX, niece's new take on aromatic duck/pork

Options
Stormbringer
Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
edited May 2019 in Pork
Smoked a 4.5lb pork butt in the MMX during the day yesterday, rubbed with Dizzy Pig "Dizzy Dust". In the evening whilst the pork was just about getting to temperature I fired up the large and cooked a margarita pizza for our niece and nephew as, according to their mum, they loved pizza. As the pizza was cooking, I shredded the pork. Our nephew devoured the pizza, proclaiming it to be "awesome". Our niece didn't care for it though, so instead she took some freshly cooked and shredded pulled pork, place it in homegrown lettuce leaves, drizzled over some ketchup, wrapped it up and ate it in aromatic duck fashion. This, for her, was the hit of the evening. Kids ... gotta love 'em. Full cook details in the blog post below:
Rubbed and ready:
In the MMX at the start:

Just before the wrap:

Unwrapped and crisping the bark:

Shredded:

Cat gets in on the action:

Thanks for looking!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments