Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Show Me Your Guit'

GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 1,944
edited October 2017 in Off Topic
Inspired by @pgprescott's Show Me Your Stick.

All you guit-players out there - Show me your guitars, amps and accessories.

I'll get the ball rolling.......

Comments

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,942
    I don't play, but over the years have acquired a few. My favorite is the '67 Fender hollow body bass.

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,535
    Wish I had even an ounce of musical ability. Alas, none. Very jealous! Nice. 
  • EoinEoin Posts: 1,522
    Like any other skill, it's 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration (I'm from a family of professional and amateur musicians).
    Eoin said:
    Like any other skill, it's 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration (I'm from a family of professional and amateur musicians).
    I’m sure you’re correct, but some people aren’t ever gonna make the varsity sports team regardless of their effort. I’m like that with the music. I’m sure I could learn to play, just not well. 
  • EoinEoin Posts: 1,522
    Eoin said:
    I’m sure you’re correct, but some people aren’t ever gonna make the varsity sports team regardless of their effort. I’m like that with the music. I’m sure I could learn to play, just not well. 
    I too have no natural gift in that direction, but did get up to a reasonable standard by working at it when young. Then I decided my time was better spent on cars and motorbikes, which is still the case today.
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    I too have no natural gift in that direction, but did get up to a reasonable standard by working at it when young. Then I decided my time was better spent on cars and motorbikes, which is still the case today.
    I’m in awe of those with the ability to play or sing at really high levels. They are truly blessed with the ability to move so many. Must be awesome. 
  • Wolfie51sbWolfie51sb Posts: 259
    edited October 2017
    My 16-year-old daughter last spring at a local winery/restaurant singing a few songs she wrote. I watched in amazement because being able to do something like that -- especially at that age -- is almost beyond my comprehension. I think she has three different guitars; I don't try to keep track.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• gmacgmac Posts: 1,789
    I'm glad I checked before I posted. 
    Thought it said Show me your gut
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Homebrew Tele I built a few years ago.  Have several other guitars, amps, pedals, etc.  Seems like the older I get the less I'm into them.

"Get in my belly!" - Fat Bastard

LBGE - Kick Ash Basket, SS Smokeware Cap, CGS PSWoo-CI, Spider, Wok, Broil King Gasser
    Noblesville, IN
  • Gibson Jr. in white

edited October 2017
    Very nice. I really like the White Falcon. Good looking guitar. 
  • Very nice. I really like the White Falcon. Good looking guitar. 
    Thanks brother. It's the lacquered version, which commands a bit of a premium, but was worth it in my mind.

The Gretsches have a very unique sound. 
  • Black beauty. Sweet!
  • Black beauty. Sweet!
    Thanks @chuckytheegghead. I was very lucky, in that I bought this guitar second hand in Montreal for a (relatively) decent price years ago. I was convinced I was a strat guy until I played it. Although I still love strats, the '57 is my workhorse. The sustain is unreal. 
  • It’s really nice, I have the poor mans version. 
  • MaC122MaC122 Posts: 794
    My Taylor 810
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • It’s really nice, I have the poor mans version. 
    Got the Epiphone? Still a decent guit by any stretch. What are you playing it through?
  • MaC122 said:
    My Taylor 810
    Very nice. I've owned a few Taylors in my time.