Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Pics From This Sunday's Cook

Options
Posted up last week about trying to smoke brisket for my 3rd time.  12 lb. brisket.  I think that it turned out good.  The flat was good, but my burnt ends were out of this world!  I ended up making Aaron Franklin's "Sweet Sauce" for the burnt ends.  It was like eating candy!  Here are a few of the pics from the cook.  Enjoy!

Columbus, OH - XL BGE and Medium BGE

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Great result and bark on that protein.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • flexfusion
    flexfusion Posts: 240
    Options
    Looks Texas delicious.  Curious how long was your cook and what temperature range did you keep?  Thanks!
    Auburn, Alabama
  • kindaquick14
    Options
    Looks Texas delicious.  Curious how long was your cook and what temperature range did you keep?  Thanks!

Started at 220 and ran through the night from 11:00 - around 7:00.  At that point I was in the stall (saw it at 5:00 sitting around 146 internal and at 7:00 it was around 152).  I raised the temperature up to 250 for a couple hours and then raised it again to 275 around 10:00.  Raised again to 285 at around 10:45 as I was getting nervous that I wouldn't hit my 1:00 dinner-bell.  All told, I ended up pulling it at around 1:15 or so, assembled my burnt ends for the final bake, and rested the flat until 2:00 when we ate.

Columbus, OH - XL BGE and Medium BGE