Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Norah's world famous chicken thighs

ryanttryantt Posts: 1,246
well tonight Norah and I decided to make some chicken thighs.   Nothing to fancy, rub was a mix of salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and honey powder.  We cooked them at 225-250 on my classic kj until they were around 160.  At this point we pulled them drizzled with honey and  Turbinado sugar and continue to cook until the reached 165.  Rested on the counter tented with foil for about 15 min.   All and all they came out really good, good crispy bite through skin. We serve with Alfredo noodles and a side salad.  
It was a nice to sit out next to the pool and enjoy a family meal.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
Massillon Ohio 

Comments

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,535
    Perfection! 
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 1,246
    @pgprescott they were tasty, just wish I could claim them, she's showing me up these days. 
    Massillon Ohio 

• That all looks great. Those pictures are nice too
    Snellville, GA

Thanks @Eggdicted_Dawgfan, the iPhone takes a decent picture.   
    Massillon Ohio 

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,771
    Great finish shots right there.  Way to keep nurturing the hobby. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • defurchedefurche Posts: 22
    Looks amazing...nice job! 
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    Nailed that meal
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • gmacgmac Posts: 1,789
    Look great. Thighs are my favourite part of the bird and you nailed them (well, Norah did!). 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
    @gmac she's really starting to get comfortable with he vent settings.  She's able to get dialed in pretty quick and knows enough not to fuss with them.  I guess my harping in the background is starting to pay off
    Massillon Ohio 

• These looked soooo good, I just had to take a stab at making some tonight for dinner.  I added a few small pieces of cherry for good measure.  They were quite tasty,  but my spice proportions for the rub need to be tweaked a bit.  Please pass my thanks on to Norah for the inspiration!
    Southwestern CT
    @JustOneOfTheGuys she's said she's happy you like her chicken.  We are in Virginia this week for a little r&r. So she's  a little bummed  we did not get to cook for the 4th.  
    Massillon Ohio 

• Very nice

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN