Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day Yellowtail Snapper

Options
BBQBuddy
BBQBuddy Posts: 275
Had a great day fishing with my Dad.  If you have a daughter, take her fishing - it makes for life long memories.
2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

Comments

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Those are some nice yellowtail. Brings back memories. Glad you had a great day with your family! 
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Looks like great times to treasure. Glad you had a great day
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    What great photos!!  Looks like an awesome day with a great meal. 
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    Catch and cook. That's awesome!  Good to see the bonding with your dad!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Love this!  :plus_one:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Boy those look delicious.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That looks great!  Great day for you two for sure.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    That is great! I'm happy for both of you. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Looks awesome!
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Abter
    Abter Posts: 125
    Options
    "If you have a daughter, take her fishing - it makes for life long memories."
    Best advice I've read here at the Egg forum in a while.  :)

Fish look tasty too B)
    Stay Calm and Egg On
    1 lonely medium in Rockville, MD
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Looks delicious!!  Great catch too!  Have any yellowtail ceviche?  Filet fish and cut in bite sized chunks. toss a bit of red onion, tomato, bell pepper lime juice, salt and pepper and any other spice/herb you want.  Makes a great appetizer!  

But it do not over do it.  Did that in Mexico.  Ate too much, and the lime juice wiped out the good bacteria in the stomach and intestines.  Sick as a dog for 1 day then yogurt and cottage cheese only diet for two days to get the good bacteria levels back up. And I hate yogurt and cottage cheese....  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • BBQBuddy
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Looks delicious!!  Great catch too!  Have any yellowtail ceviche?  Filet fish and cut in bite sized chunks. toss a bit of red onion, tomato, bell pepper lime juice, salt and pepper and any other spice/herb you want.  Makes a great appetizer!  

But it do not over do it.  Did that in Mexico.  Ate too much, and the lime juice wiped out the good bacteria in the stomach and intestines.  Sick as a dog for 1 day then yogurt and cottage cheese only diet for two days to get the good bacteria levels back up. And I hate yogurt and cottage cheese....  
    You must have eaten a bucket of ceviche!!  Yes, I have made it with yellowtail.  Just so happens my housekeeper is Peruvian - so she taught me to make the real deal.  My favorite way is panfried, coated w/ panko.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I did.  We caught a bunch and we made it from scratch. Even made sure where the ice came from that was used in the cooler on the boat so I did not get sick.  Kept the fish cold, went and rinsed all produce with bottled water and mixed a great batch up.  Was going to have to have some grilled but then had the ceviche and kept eating it. And eating it.  And eating it.  It was that good. When it was done, I dipped my bread in the juice.  It went great with the tequila we were sipping.

The next day I was asking for death to come swiftly. I would rank it as the second sickest day of my life.  
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • BBQBuddy
    Options
    Ahhh, tequila was involved.  That explains a lot.  ;)