Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak And Ale Kensington Club Ribeye's

GregW
GregW Posts: 2,676
edited February 2016 in EggHead Forum
Tonight we had ribeye's. I was looking for something a little different to do with them for Valentine's dinner.
I remembered seeing online a recipe for the Steak and Ale Kensington Club marinade.
I used this marinade for 5 hours on the steaks. I was surprised at how tasty these steaks were. I know a good steak needs no marinade, but sometimes I want something different.

Sorry for no pics. it was too dark.  

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I am game to try. I like a change up as well. Glad you had a nice cook
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    Chubbs said:
    I am game to try. I like a change up as well. Glad you had a nice cook
    Here's the recipe I used:
    8 oz soy sauce (Kikkoman)
    10 oz Sherry (Taylor Golden)
    28 oz Pineapple Juice
    ¾ cup sugar
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

For reference, I had already marinated the steaks overnight in Moore's marinade, and then found the Steak And Ale recipe.  I drained the Moore's and added the Steak and Ale's for and additional 5 hrs time.

If I hadn't used the Moore's overnight I probably would have added additional salt before they hit the egg.

The salt level turned out perfect.

There are many Steak and Ale marinade recipes on the web. I doubt this one is 100% authentic, but none the less it's quiet tasty.