Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last weekend's fishing trip...bate fish to great fish!

Options
IPASooner
IPASooner Posts: 208
I went fishing for striped bass last Saturday with some friends. It was a great time for sure! We caught a bunch of mackerel for bate. Ended up catching 5 stripers but none were at the 28" limit so we had to toss them back. I included a picture of myself with a 27" striped bass...beautiful fish! Captain was awesome and cleaned a bunch of the mackerel and left them to brine in the salt water tank on the boat for about an hour. Salt water added an awesome top of the ocean flavor. 

Got off the boat and went to a fish market to pick up some striped bass and swordfish to grill. After rinsing in fresh water, I smoked the mackerel for about 2 hours at 220 indirect with some cherry wood and made a super easy pate (cream cheese, green onion, hot sauce, salt and pepper) with some grilled bread. Other fish was grilled direct at about 450 and was excellent  - served with a  mediterranean salsa and chickpea salad. Sorry no plated pics as we were also consuming lots and lots of beers throughout the day as well! Thanks for taking a look!
LBGE

Marblehead, MA