Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A great weekend ahead, What's cooking?

egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looks like a perfect weekend coming up for the NE. What's everyone cookin?[p]Tonight - no egging, taking my wife out.[p]Tomorrow - Beer can chicken, summer squash, zuchinni, portabellas, vidallia onions, and roasted garlic heads.[p]Sunday - Not sure yet, we are going to a lobster festival for lunch, maybe some smoked salmon.[p]

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    egghead2004,[p]Think I'll toss on a salmon for the rest of the Shark family. I've got a singing thang at the Temple tonight and they are feeding us, so will miss my own wonderful cooking. Salmon is nice for breakfast with a hunk of cream cheese, so can enjoy it then.[p]Think I'll try my new Poultry Pal (won at Texfest) on Sunday. I saw a fat chicken (better than a fat chick) give me the eye the other day so it seems that time. And a yes on the squash. Man I love that stuff.[p]mShark
  • Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    egghead2004,[p]Saturday - St Louis Style Ribs to see if I can get them even better than my first attempt 2 weeks ago (the new BBQ guru is here - and I HAVE to give it a try) And my Dizzy Pig Rubs.....[p]Sunday - I am making Pizza and Wings (both firsts for the egg)[p]I thought this weekend would NEVER get here! Hard to believe I look forward to cooking dinner so much now!
  • Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    egghead2004,[p]Not in New England, but I'll play this game! :~)[p]Tonight - not sure yet for supper. Maybe some chicken.[p]Later tonight - overnight cook of a picnic shoulder section and a boston butt for a small block party tomorrow evening.[p]Saturday - eating said pulled pork. [p]Sunday - who knows? Maybe a spatchcocked chicken or something. ;~)

• egghead2004
    egghead2004 Posts: 430
    Mollyshark,
    Salmon and cream cheese? Never thought of that, sounds good. [p]Tell us houw the poultry pal works, I would llike to buy something like that.[p]Thanks

• FlatEric
    FlatEric Posts: 56
    vr6Cop,
    Ever Try Judge Beans off Wedgwood? I was at a party a few weeks ago and they had take out from the judge, and i will have to say it is the best brisket i have had from any bbq joint in town...

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Tonight - probably chicken and vegetable kebabs. No plans for the rest of the week.
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    egghead2004,
    A week into the 2005 Hurricane season and we will be suffering from the effects of our first. That means I will be indoors and my egg will stay warm alllllllllll weekend.
    Ribs, Brats, Wings, steaks, chicken and anything the neighbors bring for me to cook.....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    egghead2004,
    assemling a large up camp tonight, smoked keilbasa with raw onions and cheese in the omelets for breakfast, steaks later in the day and an overnight pork butt for sunday. might get a little fishing in too

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • poqal
    poqal Posts: 53
    Billy - [p]If it looks like things are going to get too bad over there, you know you can head east. No one will notice one more Egg at the House of BlueSmoke.[p]Eggfest Mom

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    wing1.jpg
    <p />egghead2004,[p]May do some Chipotle wings and things.[p]
    wingring3.jpg

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    egghead2004, Smoking a 12# turkey on Sunday, tonight chicken breasts, and dismissed from my duties Sat. night to attend a supprise party!! Hope to lay around the pool all day Sunday.

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    poqal,
    Ahhh shucks Mom. No, this one is not going to be bad at all. I'm just bummed they are here already.
    Heck, last time I evacuated, I wound up in the eye of the storm. It's going to take a lot to get me to leave again!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Lawn Ranger,
    Are those onion rings some of you now infamous BGE onion rings? Heee. Joe

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    egghead2004,
    This may shock everyone. I got ribs on right now. Looking for maybe beef jerky Satyrday and probably just some delicious burgers on Saturday night.[p]Mike

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    egghead2004,
    Tomorrows cook is Hmong chicken BBQ. Setup is spatchcock style, direct at about 350 dome. Marinade has lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and dried red pepper flakes. Using plump game hens, split. Served with lot's of shallots, cilantro and spicy dipping sauce, sticky rice on the side.
    Bought some Lao beer to put out the fire.

• egghead2004,
    5 racks of ribs for lunch tomorrow ... gotta few friend coming over. Cooking for a sponsor.[p]Steaks for dinner.[p]Maybe some overnight pork for my wife since I will be out of town next week.[p]Definitely some drinkin.[p]Doug

• Lawn Ranger
    Smokin Joe,
    You just had to say it, didn't you? :)

• Billy
    Billy Posts: 68
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Those wings look awsome...Looks like i will be cooking a London broil this weekend at some point. But now i really want to do a buncha wings for tonight and watch a few movies.[p]what kinda bbq/wing sauce do you use?
  • Lawn Ranger
    hawgwild,
    I use a mixture of:[p]Balsamic vinegar... 4oz or so
    mustard... 1 tbs
    brown sugar... handful
    catsup...2-3 tbs.
    soy sauce... a couple of oz.
    worchestershire... a couple of oz.
    2 - 4 canned Chipotle Chilies and the adobo sauce that they are in.[p]Put all in a blender...set aside a portion for basting...marinate wings several hours to overnight in remainder.[p]Elevated grid, direct heat 250 - 275 turning and basting every 15 -20 minutes. [p]Mike

• egghead2004,[p]Tonight, BBQ chicken bites followed by a Charleston Riverdogs Baseball game and lots of 24 oz Beers.[p]Saturday, 4 mustard/bourbon marinated pork tender loins with a jerk and rum seasoned beer can chicken for friends coming in from Nashville and Savannah.[p]Sunday, Monster Ground pork/Ground Beef burgers w/ egged shrooms and onions for the wife and neighbors.
  • Adrian B.
    FlatEric,
    Yes, Judge Beans' place is where its at for brisket in Nashville. One of these days mine will be that good! :~) I haven't had a bad meal there yet.

• Adrian B.
    Wardster,
    I'm really hoping that the storms from that TS hold off until late Saturday night or Sunday morning, otherwise our block party will be a little damp. :~(

• egghead2004,
    Friday - Happy hour at a local establishment then steak and chicken kabobs.[p]Sat- 7 slabs of baby backs using the BBQ Guru (best purchase I made besides the BGE) For friends and fam.[p]Sun- I have no idea I am open for Suggestions[p][p]

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Clay Q,[p]
    Hmmm. Sounds spicy. Sounds like we need a recipe.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    egghead2004,[p]Briskett goes on tonight for a long low-n-slo cook. I bought a nice select cut at Patton's in Duluth, GA. I'll season with one of my special rubs and a marinade for mopping. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow night![p]-Tom
  • egghead2004,
    I deep fried 200 wing pieces for the staff at work today.
    MMM MMM Good !!!!!
    Being on call this weekend, the Egg will stay cool. [p]Jerry

• Billy
    Billy Posts: 68
    Lawn Ranger,
    Thanks for the recipe! i will give that a shot next time, I didn't see your reply soon enough and bought some Ken's....It was real good![p]1-dsc07727.jpg[p]1-dsc07730.jpg[p]

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Wardster,[p]Hey, we offered for you to head our way...could have avoided that eye altogether!!! That was kind of ironic, wasn't it? [p]So, to herald in the 2005 Hurricane season, I'm sure living on a canal like you do, you've already got flood insurance, but our insurance company contacted us and said that we are now in a "moderate" flood zone and kindly explained that unless we took out a flood policy, we would not be covered by homeowners for any damage caused by flooding. So, we did. Only it's not effective for 30 days. Hopefully we won't have anything major come through until it's "hot"!!![p]Looking forward to seeing you & Michelle, "Mom" and Bluesmoke, Dean & Buddy, Rum & Sharon, and Yoyo in August. Talked to the dog sitter yesterday and got things lined up, and asked my boss for the time off. I'm REALLY looking forward to spending some time at the river. Yipee!!!! Are you bringing your kayak too?[p]Sounds like you've got a cook-filled weekend planned. We're going to do some Grilled Shrimp Creole tonight, and some nice thick beef tenderloin filets tomorrow evening, rain or shine. Nothing like egging in the rain![p]Catch ya later,
    Tonia
    :~)