Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ain't no thang but a chicken wang

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited May 2014 in Poultry
1st shot at wings on LBGE. Making approx 9# of wings. Marinated with Olive Garden Italian dressing and Lizard Lick sweet & spicy (Birthday gift from some good friends in GA). Separated and marinated in a couple of gallon freezer bags. Flipped several times (soaked for rmaybe 6 hrs as this was a last minute cook). Egg setup for raised direct at 325℉ flipping every 5 or so minutes and moving them around as needed. Finished wangs off with quick brushing of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce. Also made some fresh breasts for SWMBO as requested. Some left over corn on the cob and some Bush's Boston Baked Beans.imageimageimageimageimageimage
Hope y'all are enjoying your Sunday. Share a smile and a kind word with a stranger. :-)
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Looks great man...love me the sweet baby rays...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Almost 1200 posts and that is your first shot of wings on the Egg? For shame, for shame. [-X  Just messing with ya, you'd know that if you knew how much I love me some wangs. Yours look great.

Seeing a lot of pics of corn on the cob this morning. We grilled some on Saturday and Sunday. Looks like the season is starting already. Love me some grilled corn, I just shouldn't eat it that much.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Look tasty... Did you like the Lizard Lick?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Chris_Wang‌...ya I actually did like the Lizard Lick. It was lil sweet and heat and with the Olive Garden dressing combo formarinade it was complimentary. They were a big hit with our guests.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Griffin‌ Thanks man. Ya, I'm not sure why I hadn't made any wings before. Pretty crazy! Won't be the last that's 4sho! Think I'll experiment a bit more next time on the marinade and let them soak a bit longer. But, overall I was real happy with the end result. They were moist, crisp skin, tender, spicy and sweet. And our guests inhaled them so I was pretty happy with it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ did you ever try yuengling bbq sauce? I only ask cuz your a fan of the beer. Being that yuengling is right down the road I've had my fill. Their bbq sure is tasty. So is their ice cream but that's another story. image
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @grege345‌ never seen Yuengling BBQ sauce and definitely not ice cream. Probably more of a staple there. We have some close friends we served in the USN with that reside in Pottstown,PA. They've toured Yuengling at least once. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I was in Pottstown on Saturday for a party. I got smashed in the face with a cupcake. Lol. Silly peeps
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos