Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone use Sam's Club frozen dough and had puffy pizzas?

Options

Recently I read a great tip here about buying pizza dough from Sam's Club.  $16.75 for 20 dough balls.  The first pizza was very puffy which I assumed might be that I didn't dock before cooking on the large BGE.  My next cook I did three pizzas and docked the dough and got the same results.  Puffy pizzas with lots of bread. 

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

When I think about the size of a pizza\slices they sell at Sam's they are huge pies leading me to suspect too much dough for a LBE pizza stone.  The defrost and proofing time was around 3-4 hours.  Anyone had the same experience?   

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I usually have the opposite problem with my Caputo Tipo dough, which is why I try not using a rolling pin....but you might benefit from that.
    Thanks Nola.  I'm looking forward to trying Cupto 00 flour.  I just got 5 lbs of the Cupto Pizzera flour from Amazon.  I did form and toss these doug balls by hand but it didn't take much to get to the needed size.  I'll try a rolling pin next.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I bought 10 Kilos of that stuff a while back, got a new mixer the other day and tested it with an entire kilo batch.  Dough is aging in the manbearcave fridge right now for a few days.  Tastes better if you let it age in my opinion.  Works better.  1st pic from my new phone, btw.