Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

It's Here! It's Here!

Just received my spider and 19" wok from Tom today! I'm not going to be able to use it tonight but I'm trying to get it ready for use tomorrow.

Quick Seasoning Questiosn - After scrubbing all the junk off it and drying it in the oven do I need to:

1: Let it cool before applying first coat of oil?

2: Let it cool before applying additional coats

a: How many coats should I put on it?

3: Season the outside of the wok as well? (It has been scrubbed)

4. Do anything else?

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA

• rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    edited January 2013
    I would say it would not hurt to let it cool.  It cools really fast.

Not that you asked but I was extremely happy with how mine came out a few weeks ago...

1. Smear lard all over (top).. no reason to season bottom it will get burned off if you do.
    2. Heat over propane burner
    3. Cool
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 four times.
    5. Bake in oven at 550 for 20 minutes.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.