Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Scallops? We're talking about scallops?

anezanez Posts: 122
edited August 2012 in Seafood
To quote allen iverson (kind of) we're talking about scallops for dinner. Have four big fresh ones but have never done them on green egg or anything else in my life.

I've done some research and see that some have done them at 500 degrees direct for no more than 2 mins on each side. 

Anyone have any advice on a good spicy rub to toss on 'em

Also any advice would be great as we give these a shot in a few hours. 

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,933
    edited August 2012
    I would cook them in a hot cast iron pan with some ghee and little lemon, salt,pepper.  Few minutes per side and done.  I like to do them on a Himalayan salt block, but that is probably not in your inventory YET!
  • anezanez Posts: 122
    not yet! tho i did just get a new cast iron grid! thanks for the tips
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,926
    That's how I do them.  No lemon until after I cook though, and last time I used goat butter.  I generally don't clarify my butter for pan frying, don't mind if it gets brown.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat