Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump from BJ's Wholesale

tactical_66
tactical_66 Posts: 207
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I went into the local BJ's looking for Lump Charcoal. I purchased a 34 lb bag of Frontier "Made in the USA" for $19.99. The cheapest lump I have been able to find. It is rated very well on The NakedWhiz's site. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    got a bag myself very sparky and really a bad smell till its ready, at high temps it burns up fast . my understanding is the better frontier is the USA brand i believe what BJ's has is made in argentina . i like RO during the week or wegmens and WG for lo and slow so glad i only got one bag of the frontier 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • tactical_66
    This bag has the made in USA statement on the bag. Since it was the made in the USA one I figured I would try it. I will post how it is.
  • bigphil
    btw sent you the number for joe's market 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • BBQBeerman
    BBQBeerman Posts: 62
    Just finished my 2nd bag Last night doing pork chops I was very pleased with both bags great value and both bags had some very large pieces
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  • tactical_66
    I@bigphil. I got the number. Hanks. I will be checking it out this week. I was pleased with this first bag. Large pieces and it lit well and is burning well and very little sparking. I will definitely buy another bag.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I have used it, for $20 and 34lbs do it.
  • bigphil
    seems the BJ's near me was selling the agentina stuff have to see if the other one a little further away has the USA stuff