Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Imitating Cazzy's Spicy Teriyaki Wings Recipe

Options
Howdy_Doody
Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I followed the thread where folks tried to duplicate Cazzy's Spicy Teriyaki Wings recipe, but didn't get it "spicy" enough.  So, tonight I gave it a shot.  I use my own teriyaki sauce (recipe follows) for a marinade, and added 1 tablespoon of Asian chili oil.  Marinated for 24 hours. I made another batch for basting and added 3 tablespoons of chili oil.

¼ cup Soy Sauce1 cup Water½ teaspoon Ginger, ground¼ teaspoon Garlic powder5 tablespoons Brown sugar, packed1 - 2 tablespoon Honey2 tablespoons Cornstarch¼ cup Cold water
1.Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating

2.Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan
3.Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness
4.Add water t thin if you over-thick it.

Dripping Springs, Texas

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm sure the taste was exceptional-but your photography is consistently the best I have seen on any web site/blog.  Top print quality in a tough medium.  And your recipes are always worth the effort-even though I have not moved into the wok shop arena which is a limiter for me :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    Options
    Thanks, Lousubcap.  I really appreciate that.   :)
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    Indeed, the photography is very nice, but the pics of those wings are making me CRAVE them. I've decided that I'm going to give them a shot for my first cook on my LBGE this weekend.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.