Thank you all for the responses, I've not verified my suspicion of a bad probe on the Thermoworks Tw 8060 by doing the boil test as nolaegghead suggested as of yet, but did want to report the result. I took the butts off once I realized I was getting a bad reading, wrapped them in foil with about a tablespoon or so of water and cranked the temp up to approximately 350-375. The internal temp went from 157-190 in about a 1 1/2 hrs. Worried about how they were going to turn out, but after letting them rest for only about 30 min (because it was LATE and I was exhausted) the wife and I pulled the meat. It pulled easily and I would venture to guess even though this cook was a disaster in terms of the actual cook, this is one of the better tasting butts I've done. The meat is super moist and has just the right amount of smoke! A great big Thank you to all of you that worked me through yesterday and preceding days! I didn't take any pictures of the outcome yet, but will try to post some later today. . .