I had to share this. It's one of those moments where you can't even get angry...you just shake your head and thank God nothing bad happened. My wife bought me some new, fancy rubber grill gloves that are supposed to be heat resistant to something like 500 degrees. I have always used welding gloves for manuevering inside a hot Egg, but I always leave them out on my table by accident. When they get rained on, they conduct heat instead of prevent it, and they become useless. Anyway, I broke out the new fancy rubber/silicone grill gloves. I was cooking a few chickens indirect with my Adjustable Rig and wanted to speed up the cook because family showed up and were ready to eat. So, I pulled the heat deflector/platesetter. Immediate heat filtered through my new, fancy rubber grill gloves and my hands were on immediate fire. I set it on the edge of the deck until I could think where to put it. I use some stainless steel nuts to elevate drip pans, and they were laying on top of my deck box. I arranged them quickly, set the hot platesetter on them, and rushed inside to cool off my burning hands with some cold water. I came back out, no lie, under a minute later, to this. Melted all the way through. Even the top of my shop vac handle was melted a little from the lid falling through on it. Never in my life would I have thought that thick lid could have melted that quickly. But, live and learn. Today, bought a new, larger deck box, and it looks like the old one will go to the garage for storage. No need for a deck box with a sunroof. Biggest numbskull thing I've done in a long time.