It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
1 Lb Ground Sirloin, 85-15 and NO LEANER or these burgers will be dry... you need SOME fat to cook
2 Medium Green Onions, Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and diced
2 Tbs Steak Sauce, A1 preferred, but you choose
1 pkg. Mozzarella cheese, grated. You can do Colby, parmesan, jack etc.
1. Combine ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well
2. Form into 3 ‘thick’ patties on Wax Paper
3. Optional step: Place patties in refrigerator for two hours. (holds burgers together better on the grill when they are just starting)
4. Cook per directions below and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the top just before removing meat
1. The Big Green Egg temperature should be ran up to 650 degrees or higher
2. Place burgers on grill
3. Sear on both sides (about one minute each and you do not have to close the lid for this step)
4. Flip burgers one more time and close lid of BGE
5. Regulate the temperature around 400 degrees
6. Cook on each side for 2 minutes for medium rare (does take some practice and depends on the thickness of your meat but 1/3 pound burgers will be pretty thick and will work well at these times.
7. Remove from heat and serve with condiments on the side (that MUST include Jalapenos)
Number of Servings:
Time to Prepare: