Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Project.... "MATER"

Options
Hoss
Hoss Posts: 14,600
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw eenie meenie's post about the last maters of the year so I thought I would post this.I had a pretty good crop this past growing season and my mater vines were LOADED with green tomatoes when the first big frost was predicted.So we pulled the cream of the crop green.I placed them in cardboard boxes lined with newspaper then covered them with more newspaper and placed them in a spot that stays cool and dark.You need to check them about twice a week to remove ripe ones and to check the others.Some will turn bad and need removing and paper replaced.It is a little PITA but well worth it.If things go as planned I will serve ripe tomatoes outta my garden for Christmas Dinner.They were ALL as green as the one in the pic when I boxed em up.The sad thing is there were enough green ones left in the garden when the frost came to fill the bed of a Full sized pickup truck! :(
111410005.jpg
111410004.jpg
111410006.jpg

To stay on topic...I cooked today too.Buckboard bacon and.....GUESS!
111410001.jpg
111410002.jpg
111410003.jpg
111410007.jpg
111410008.jpg
NO! NO! NO! WRONG!!! It is a boneless ham...HONEST!!! I'll show sliced pics later,I SWEAR! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Comments