Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanted: Feet for BGE

Options
Superbike 29
Superbike 29 Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My dealer says they've stopped selling the feet by themselves. Does anyone have any feed they'd like to get rid of?

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• bbqjew
    bbqjew Posts: 34
    Options
    Just saw a set on EBAY.
    Hope this helps.
    Mark
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I'd be surprised if that's true. Your dealer probably just doesn't want to mess with them.

If all you want is something to use inside the egg, there are alternatives. Terra cotta feet for flower pots work well. I use em all the time - even at pizza temps. Cost a buck or so in the garden dept at Lowe's. You can also use copper plumbing parts (elbows, etc.)

If you want them to put under the egg, I imagine you'd want to hold out for the real thing. My suggestion would be to find another dealer or call BGE.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Superbike 29
    Options
    I had one of my feed crack so I'd like to replace it plus add a 4th foot to the mix when I put it into my new table (all stainless).
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    Call BGE corporate headquarters in GA, customer service. They've been great with me replacing the newer style grid and band for my mini for only shipping charge.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Yep, I would too. Good luck.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Superbike 29, I have a feet fetish. I have two large eggs and at least 12 or more feet. Of course I use all of them so, if you get the chance get 9 or 12 you will always find a use for them. Some I got with my eggs and some I purchased from the mother ship and some I received from a dealer for free who had plenty extra from when they sell the egg in a nest and the customer don't get them. Tim ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    As far as I know you can still buy them. My dealer, Grillmandan, has given me 40-50 that I have shipped to forum members but his stock is low now. Check with other dealers in your area.
  • Superbike 29
    Options
    That's the bad part, they're the only dealer in the area unless I wanted to drive about 40 miles one way to get them. I'll call BGE on Monday.
  • wintonbeerguy
    Options
    I have seen them for sale in retail stores. One is The Kitchen Window in Minneapolis.
  • wintonbeerguy
    Options
    I have seen them for sale in retail stores. One is The Kitchen Window in Minneapolis.
  • Reverend BSB
    Options
    I work for an egg dealer and I will be going in today, I can grab a set of feet for you and ship them. I'll send you the price when I get there around 11. Do you have paypal?
  • Superbike 29
    Options
    I do have paypal. Just let me know what the cost is. I may get a couple of sets.

Thanks!

Brian