Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Buckboard bacon

61chev61chev Posts: 539
edited 2:50AM in EggHead Forum
New supply of BBB turned out really well put in heavy smoke with apple and maple chunks and wifes fritata for Sunday brkfst
bbbfritata001.jpg
bbbfritata002.jpg
bbbfritata003.jpg
·

Comments

• ClamClam Posts: 117
    I was just thinkin that it is about BBB season. They look delicious.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    What did you use for a curing agent, and how long did you cure it?
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    pics/lighting almost made it look like a roast...

i cured a ham which was so big, only the outer half was cured in the week/ten days i allowed. i had half-ham and half-roast in one slice :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    I used Hi Mountain BB cure for 10 days then rinsed it well saked it inplain water for about 8 hours then drained and dryed it in fridge over nite then put on egg at200 degrees until 155 internal wrap in foil to cool and sliced put in zip locks flat and froze for individual servings
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I have a butt in the fridge curing as we speak.
    Hi Mountain cure it will be ready to smoke on Thursday :)
    Yours looks great :ohmy: :woohoo:
    ·