Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Backs

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 7:11AM in EggHead Forum
More game day eats

230 dome, DPDD on bone side, JH Pecan on meat side (don't ask why the mix, just did it). 6 fist sized pieces of pecan

Two hours in
IMG_3739800x600.jpg

5 hours in
IMG_3751800x600.jpg

6 hours and bend test is good - second slab broke in half when tested
IMG_3753800x600.jpg

Sauced - Blues Hog
IMG_3761800x600.jpg

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm
IMG_3764800x600.jpg

Used the mini for breakfast, small for apps, and XL for wibs :) Neaux more cookin today. Moink balls and sliders tomorrow. :)
·

Comments

• Looks yummy. I'm doing some spares tomorrow. I'm about to post pics of my Monkey Bread cook :-)
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Nice!! As my Mom would say, put your tootsies up! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Frank, the ribs look great! :)

You've certainly been busy, I suppose you really do deserve a rest.
    ·
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    again great job, Frank !
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Why the mix of rubs?

(sorry - couldn't resist)

You've been busy!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Frank, next time you have another cooking weekend like this please let me know in advance so I can plan my trip...YUM!!!
    ·
  •  
    This one of the few times I have egg envy! On my medium I have to use the V rack and even then have to cut the racks of ribs in half.
    DSCN7089A_640.jpg

Those look beautiful Frank! I have been working on learning to cook great ribs all summer. I'll be happy when I can produce a cook like yours. I just picked up baby backs at Sam's yesterday and am looking forward to cooking them in the next couple of days.

Blair

·
  • 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    good job looks mitey tasty
    ·
  • 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    good job looks mitey tasty
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    All those ribs look fantastic! :cheer: Good job Guys! :) :ohmy: :woohoo:
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    You've been a cooking machine lately Frank. Nice ribs ;)
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Now those look great. I just had a couple of hard boiled eggs to eat today. Poor pitiful me. :( I'm hungry. :silly: Any left overs? :whistle:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • Looks like you had a grand cooking day Frank

Ross
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Goodness! Those ribs look wonderful!
    ·
  • Nice! So those were just done indirect for 6 hours with no foil? I've done the foil program but thinking about not using it on my next cook.

Thoughts on To Foil or Not Foil?
    ·
  • I don't foil - foiling makes them mushy - JMHO
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,351
    Frank,

Man they really pulled back eh? Looks great!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·