Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Backs

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 12:11AM in EggHead Forum
More game day eats

230 dome, DPDD on bone side, JH Pecan on meat side (don't ask why the mix, just did it). 6 fist sized pieces of pecan

Two hours in
IMG_3739800x600.jpg

5 hours in
IMG_3751800x600.jpg

6 hours and bend test is good - second slab broke in half when tested
IMG_3753800x600.jpg

Sauced - Blues Hog
IMG_3761800x600.jpg

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm
IMG_3764800x600.jpg

Used the mini for breakfast, small for apps, and XL for wibs :) Neaux more cookin today. Moink balls and sliders tomorrow. :)

Comments

• Looks yummy. I'm doing some spares tomorrow. I'm about to post pics of my Monkey Bread cook :-)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice!! As my Mom would say, put your tootsies up! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Frank, the ribs look great! :)

You've certainly been busy, I suppose you really do deserve a rest.
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    again great job, Frank !
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Why the mix of rubs?

(sorry - couldn't resist)

You've been busy!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Frank, next time you have another cooking weekend like this please let me know in advance so I can plan my trip...YUM!!!
  •  
    This one of the few times I have egg envy! On my medium I have to use the V rack and even then have to cut the racks of ribs in half.
    DSCN7089A_640.jpg

Those look beautiful Frank! I have been working on learning to cook great ribs all summer. I'll be happy when I can produce a cook like yours. I just picked up baby backs at Sam's yesterday and am looking forward to cooking them in the next couple of days.

Blair

• 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    good job looks mitey tasty
  • 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    good job looks mitey tasty
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    All those ribs look fantastic! :cheer: Good job Guys! :) :ohmy: :woohoo:
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    You've been a cooking machine lately Frank. Nice ribs ;)
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Now those look great. I just had a couple of hard boiled eggs to eat today. Poor pitiful me. :( I'm hungry. :silly: Any left overs? :whistle:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Looks like you had a grand cooking day Frank

Ross
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Goodness! Those ribs look wonderful!
  • Nice! So those were just done indirect for 6 hours with no foil? I've done the foil program but thinking about not using it on my next cook.

Thoughts on To Foil or Not Foil?
  • I don't foil - foiling makes them mushy - JMHO
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,366
    Frank,

Man they really pulled back eh? Looks great!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON