Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGtoberfest 2010 Recipes

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the upmteenth time, I plan to put together an EGGtoberfest Cookbook. I know that some of you may have sent your recipes to the printer who is going to put them on cards but if you could send them to me (or reference where I can get them) it makes my life easier. Since I'm not cooking this year, I'm going to do more wandering and tasting, photographing and gathering recipes. I'd like to see if we can break a 100 recipes this year.

Comments

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Hi!
    Looking forward to seeing you in a few days. :) Would you post your email or send me an email? I am not to computer savvy but can forward :) Indigo at swva.net THANKS!
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    I'm not certain but I think the number of submitted recipes is close to zero.

It's a whole new crop of super excited new cooks and they seem to be keeping the recipes close to the vest.

At first I was distressed about the lack of support from the "old guard" but now, after talking with a lot of the new cooks, I'm excited. This is gonna be one of the best fests ever.

I think you'll have to do a lot of recruiting of recipes while you're wandering around.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    At least it'll be easier to do "recruiting" while making the rounds. In previous years I would start out with about 5 (mainly from Larry and Rodney)and then get a few more as the day went on with the majority coming in about a week after the fest. Maybe this year, I'll actually get to chat with more cooks.

As my Chinese fortune cookie encourages, "I live in interesting times."
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I actually did the recipe cards and I hope they turn out great. I will get you them at the fest Bill. Thanks
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Bill, unfortunately we wont be in attendance this year...but as always, I'll be more than happy to host it once you have it prepared...
  • Eggscaper
    Eggscaper Posts: 213
    Options
    I entered my recipes, got some new things this year. Hope everybody likes it. 5th year attending; 4th year cooking. Haven't posted in a while, new job and other things in life...but it is good to be back with family. Can't wait till eggfest :woohoo:

Doug
    Dallas, Ga.