Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cracked plate setter

rzrrobrzrrob Posts: 162
edited 10:01AM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone fixed one after it cracked?

If so some info would be great

It's a clean crack
·

Comments

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    RzrRob: JB Weld. Doesn't look pretty, but it should hold for you pretty well. ;)
    ·
  • rzrrobrzrrob Posts: 162
    Thank you thank you ;)
    ·
  • ChefAlChefAl Posts: 66
    I dropped a cast iron grate on my platesetter and the platesetter lost, but JB Weld fixed it up good enough to not have to buy a new one.

Hope this helps.
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Yep, JB Weld to the rescue. I broke one leg off of my plate setter about 2 months after I got my Egg. I used JB Weld and two plus years later it is still working fine.

Some tips:

- There are at least two types. One is a set of two tubes and you mix them together. The other is a premixed package that looks like that Mighty Putty stuff where you cut off a piece and smash it together. Go with the two tube set, it works much better IMO. The putty style didn't work as good for me.

-be sure to use clamps to hold the pieces together tightly

- Can't remember exactly but it gives you a range for curing time. Let it cure for the longer time period before using, handling, etc.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Here's a link to web page about a repair I made: Using JB Weld To Repair Ceramic Cookers
    The Naked Whiz
    ·