Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot Peppers

BoneDaddy'sBoneDaddy's Posts: 256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone on the board grow hot peppers? I am working on some Ghosts and would love to trade. I really want to try some chocolate habs!

My Ghost plants have about 25-30 peppers growing right now but the very cold nights up in NH have forced me to move them inside (wife loves the plants in the bedroom). I hope the continue!

I am also growing Datil's which are fairly rare and very tasty!

I also need expert advice on fertilizer and winterizing!

-Frank
Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
·

Comments

• What do you do with the Ghosts? I know a restaurant in Cambridge that serves them with pasta and blows out even the most stolid chiliheads. I don't have chocolate habs. Only regular, bright orange ones and a gazillion mild poblanos.
    ·
  • DnormanDnorman Posts: 117
    So she likes them in the bedroom hu. sounds like there could be a good story.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I have chocolate habs.I'll send you some if you email me your mailing address.I would LOVE to have couple of Ghosts. :evil:
    ·
    B)
    ·
  • I try to make hto sauce...I am still learning, but they add some great heat...plus you can challenge friends when they have had a few beers and watch them cry like babies!
    ·
  • Essex County wrote:
    What do you do with the Ghosts? I know a restaurant in Cambridge that serves them with pasta and blows out even the most stolid chiliheads. I don't have chocolate habs. Only regular, bright orange ones and a gazillion mild poblanos.

I did Hell Night at the East Coast Grill in Cambridge. My buddy ordered the 8 bomb pasta (8 ghosts peppers) and my hands/feet went numb for about 10 minutes, it was FUN!
    ·
    Got your email.I love to watch em SCREAM like Schoolgirls! :laugh: :evil:
    ·