Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot Peppers

BoneDaddy'sBoneDaddy's Posts: 256
edited 4:25AM in EggHead Forum
Anyone on the board grow hot peppers? I am working on some Ghosts and would love to trade. I really want to try some chocolate habs!

My Ghost plants have about 25-30 peppers growing right now but the very cold nights up in NH have forced me to move them inside (wife loves the plants in the bedroom). I hope the continue!

I am also growing Datil's which are fairly rare and very tasty!

I also need expert advice on fertilizer and winterizing!

-Frank
Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
·

Comments

• What do you do with the Ghosts? I know a restaurant in Cambridge that serves them with pasta and blows out even the most stolid chiliheads. I don't have chocolate habs. Only regular, bright orange ones and a gazillion mild poblanos.
    ·
  • DnormanDnorman Posts: 117
    So she likes them in the bedroom hu. sounds like there could be a good story.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I have chocolate habs.I'll send you some if you email me your mailing address.I would LOVE to have couple of Ghosts. :evil:
    ·
    B)
    ·
  • I try to make hto sauce...I am still learning, but they add some great heat...plus you can challenge friends when they have had a few beers and watch them cry like babies!
    ·
  • Essex County wrote:
    What do you do with the Ghosts? I know a restaurant in Cambridge that serves them with pasta and blows out even the most stolid chiliheads. I don't have chocolate habs. Only regular, bright orange ones and a gazillion mild poblanos.

I did Hell Night at the East Coast Grill in Cambridge. My buddy ordered the 8 bomb pasta (8 ghosts peppers) and my hands/feet went numb for about 10 minutes, it was FUN!
    ·
    Got your email.I love to watch em SCREAM like Schoolgirls! :laugh: :evil:
    ·