Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tomato Pie for dinner

MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
edited 1:56AM in EggHead Forum
Tomatoes are rampant right now and we are about sick of them LOL did a little cruising on the forum to find something different for dinner and came across these.
http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=469361&catid=1#
had not done them in a LONG time so dinner was solved. first off the "raws" :)
4834443d.jpg
08b4f64a.jpg
layered in the pan and onto the egg :)
2cf203c5.jpg
45 minutes later :) no plated pics kinda runny but really good.
d63845ef.jpg
if you see this lump... don't walk RUN from it :( smokey really bad smokey! an hour till I finally gave up and just pout the pie on. I was going to do an apple one but no way into that smoke bath. letting it do a cleaning burn to use it up.
·

Comments

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Julie is it a tomato & cheese pie?? Ah ok just saw the recipe...looks great with the bacon...
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,864
    Blame it on Larry. I mix the onions,cheese, tomatoes and sourcream for a variation. Fresh basil on top is a winner IMHO.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=469364&catid=1
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Yes Beli, sliced tomatoes, red onions all layered in the crust and then a mixture of cheddar, mozzarella and chopped fresh basil over the top and a little bacon to give some texture :) tossed salad and a nice dinner :0
    ·
    I saw that in the post Richard. isn't that the same link I put in?? LOL
    ·
  • Does that price tag say $2.99...that would have been my first clue!
    ·
    ha ha yes it does. we have a surplus store here by Us called Mardens. they buy out mostly insurance damaged whole store lots. you never know what you are going to find there. at the same time we got a ton of cowboy and other good stuff for about half price :) they only had a couple bags of that so we grabbed it too. :P
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,864
    I am a copt kat. Just different section. Thought you were headed to Niagara? LOL
    ·
  • Looks great Julie. BobbyQ has a recipe I think in the BGE cookbook. I along with Mollyshark, assisted him last year at Egweggofest make several tomatoe pies. Great alternative....especially if you've had enough for the season.

Kim
    ·
    morning Kim, I do not have that cookbook yet and need to pick it up. what fun, you and Molly cooking with Bobby :) love these pies!
    ·
  • Sorry about the lump.

Pie sounds like an interesting recipe to try. Thanks!
    ·