Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Never too early to start talking TURKEY!!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
yep, i'm hearing people are already getting christmas catalogues....and the stores are already selling halloween costumes. ...so its not too early to start planning thanksgiving and talking turky ..

for those of you in the mid-atlantic region, i'll be back up at the smoking guitar player's place on saturday november 6th doing mad max turkey demos ....its always a lot of fun. ..and besides me, walter (the bge rep for that part of PA) will be there doing beer can and other types of turkey, and the local turkey seller (a guy named steve, and a great cook as well) will be roasting all kinds of turkey products too. ..

so lots to eat, and if you've never been to fred's store, if you can't buy it for your egg there, its probably not available (with the exception of adjustable rig products) ...

here is a link to the day's events ...

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/718.htm

Comments

• RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    Is it that time of year already? Thanks for going to bat with all the turkey stuff each season.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Good to hear I can start talking about it, 'cause I've been THINKING about it for months.

editedDSCN1307.jpg
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Darn, I'm heading south for Turkey Day, butt not that early! Wish I could be there! 8 - ),,,
  • Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    This will be our first year for doing a turkey on the egg. So looking forward to it and to doing the sides on the second egg. Any recipes, recommendations and tidbits will be looked for on the forum over the coming months. Hopefully I will able to make it to Fred's as well. I am really looking forward to it and placed my fresh turkey order with my butcher. I was number 17 so others are thinking like us.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• NotabuttDave
    Options
    Funny you should mention turkey.

I smoked a breast over the weekend, just to tune up.

I bought a "Fresh" breast at the local grocery.

Took it home at 9:00pm, opened it at 10:00am the next morning,AND THERE WAS A FIST SIZED PIECE OF ICE IN THE CAVITY!.

I smoked it at 225* for 6 hours and it barely made it past 160*

I ran out of time and had to finish it off in the over. It tasted good, but was bummed.