Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork Re-Heating

KyEggKyEgg Posts: 23
edited 7:56PM in EggHead Forum
Here is the scenario: I will be done smoking around noon and won't be eating for 5 hours or so after that. Will it stay warm over that period of time if I wrap it in heavy fool and a towel and put in a cooler? Or should I cool it immediately put on ice in a cooler and then reheat it in a tin pan on a grill later?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MJF24MJF24 Posts: 146
    For five hours, you should be okay wrapped in foil and stored in a cooler. There is more information on this question here than I could ever impart: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/coolerholding.htm The Naked Whiz's site is great for this sort of stuff!
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Good advice above. What part of KY KyEgg?
  • KyEggKyEgg Posts: 23
    Eggtucky wrote:
    Good advice above. What part of KY KyEgg?

Born in Paducah, grew up in Lexington and now live in Louisville.
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Nice..born and grew up in BG, now live in Auburn, but work for a company based in L'ville, so am there quite often...
  • Nice to see other KY Eggers out there
  • I think I would wrap in heavy foil and put it in the oven at 180 degrees. I may wet a dish towel and wrap over it to protect it from heat. That would be very close to what a warming drawer does. Good Luck..
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Cooler.Pull when ready to serve.