Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork Re-Heating

KyEggKyEgg Posts: 23
edited 9:25AM in EggHead Forum
Here is the scenario: I will be done smoking around noon and won't be eating for 5 hours or so after that. Will it stay warm over that period of time if I wrap it in heavy fool and a towel and put in a cooler? Or should I cool it immediately put on ice in a cooler and then reheat it in a tin pan on a grill later?

Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• MJF24MJF24 Posts: 146
    For five hours, you should be okay wrapped in foil and stored in a cooler. There is more information on this question here than I could ever impart: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/coolerholding.htm The Naked Whiz's site is great for this sort of stuff!
    ·
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Good advice above. What part of KY KyEgg?
    ·
  • KyEggKyEgg Posts: 23
    Eggtucky wrote:
    Good advice above. What part of KY KyEgg?

Born in Paducah, grew up in Lexington and now live in Louisville.
    ·
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Nice..born and grew up in BG, now live in Auburn, but work for a company based in L'ville, so am there quite often...
    ·
  • Nice to see other KY Eggers out there
    ·
  • I think I would wrap in heavy foil and put it in the oven at 180 degrees. I may wet a dish towel and wrap over it to protect it from heat. That would be very close to what a warming drawer does. Good Luck..
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Cooler.Pull when ready to serve.
    ·