Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tasso

Options
Grub Blogger
Grub Blogger Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As part of the labor day Egg-a-thon, I made some tasso along with some ribs using the grill extender. I found a bunch of conflicting advise on the web, so I called a butcher in Lafayette who told me to go with a boneless pork loin roast, rub and bbq low and slow for about 3 hours around 220. Flavor came out great, and my LSU-alum neighbor approved. Just diced some up and used as base to some white beans I am making to go along with the ribs. I think next time I will do a better job of trimming fat. It should be more lean, like 95% meat, I think. Used plenty of hickory and a little apple wood. Smell permeated house when I sautéed it in the beans pot this morn. One of the guests at my neighbor's party told me it reminded him of Chinese roast pork, which I think was a good call. I will make a batch one day with that flavor profile.

++

9%202010%20370.JPG

++

9%202010%20372.JPG

++

After sitting in the fridge over night

tasso%20002.JPG

++

tasso%20007.JPG

++

tasso%20012.JPG

++