Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hinge Assembly Help...just noticed something

ForniaFornia Posts: 451
edited 5:01AM in EggHead Forum
I just got done with an overnight cook today and noticed the springs on the hinge assembly. Hopefully you can see from the pictures...I know they got blurry.

Certainly doesn't look right to me...but of course I could be wrong. The spring is between the two bolts, and its very loose. I acutally noticed when I saw the outside head of the bolt was not tight and crooked.

Any thoughts??? Thanks for any and all help!

IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg
·

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,395
    Looks like mine Jason.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    normal... or mine's messed up too :laugh:
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    The nuts will sometimes work loose and should be snugged back up,,,, don't over tighten just snug
    ·
  • WanabeWanabe Posts: 355
    Keep the bolts snug and remember to lube the joints with oil. If you leave them loose the bolt holes will wear rapidly.
    ·
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    I just tightened mine about a week ago. started with the nut near the metal plate first, then the one at the end of the bolt last. Not too tight. My lid now opens and closes more smoothly.
    ·