Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Should I Adjust Dome Temp Or Not??

sirlancealotsirlancealot Posts: 432
edited 11:29AM in EggHead Forum
3hrs. into cook and the dome temp jumped from 250-270deg. on brisket. should i leave it or break it back down to 250deg? thanks 4 your input
·

Comments

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    If it was me, yes, I would back it down a WEEEEE bit! It won't take much!! (I am assuming it has been climbing slowly over the last two hours, not just a spike?) Adjust ever so slightly.
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    I'd knock it down just a hair, although you'll be fine either way.
    ·
  • thanks alot...
    ·
  • Is it common for a 8lb. brisket to reach 170deg. in 4hrs? at 250deg.
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Ditto on knocking it down. It dont take much on the daisy to get it to drop. Make sure when you adjust to give it a while before another adjustment.
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Seems a bit quick to me. :S Is your dome thermometer calibrated? Do you have another thermometer you can place on the grid to get a second reading? (like a thermometer from the inside of an oven for instance?)
    ·