Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking Veggies

Options
Grub Blogger
Grub Blogger Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking to experiment a bit with the Egg to make some side dishes or bases for other dishes with vegetables. Don't worry, my main goal with Egg to cook up delicious hunks of meat low and slow.

I have read about roasted garlic, melted onions and tomatoes. I have been thinking about smoked mushrooms and maybe eggplant (for a dip).

Anyone out there played around with veggies?

P.S. - reminds me of a funny story. My friend was at a vegetarian restaurant, and there was a sign on the wall that read, "If animals could talk, we probably
wouldn't eat them.'

Come on, he, thought, we're already in the vegetarian restaurant!

Said it made him want to make his own sign and hang it up right next to it with a frame that said, 'If vegetables could talk, we'd freak the f**k out.'

Comments

• Tim Fowler
    Options
    I can't remember who made it a the 2007 Eggtoberfest, but this was awesome if you're looking for a dip.

Cheese and Onion Dip

Ingredients:

One Whole Onion (Preferably Vidalia)
    One Cup Mayonnaise
    One Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese

Mix all ingredients in Dutch Oven then cook on BGE at
    300 Degrees for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted.

Experimenting is fun. My best friend loves being our guinee pig when we try something new.

Cheers,
    Tim
  • Grub Blogger
    Options
    Thanks. Sounds killer.