Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili Recipe

Options
Ranny
Ranny Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any favorite recipes out there for Chile? We are having a chile contest at the office and I want to win the "Best Flavour" award, not the hottest. I figure the aroma from the Egg should be great for chile.
Thanks in Advance,

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Ranny,[p]Not sure how this got posted under the wrong header. Just in case you don't see it down there, I'll post it again. LOL[p]Black Bean Chili[p]2 1 TBPS Vegetable oil
    3 1 1/2 LBS Boneless beef bottom round roast
    2 1 Cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
    1/2 1/4 Cup Steak sauce
    3/4 3/8 Cup Water
    2 1 TSP Fresh lemon juice
    3 1 1/2 TBPS Chili powder
    1/4 1/8 TSP Crushed red pepper
    2 1 Cans Black Beans[p]Cube the beef and sear. Add remaining ingredients. Serve topped with sour cream and/or cheddar cheese.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Pakak,
    I was wondering why the post on chili ended up under a rub question!

• Pakak
    Options
    Shelby,[p]Must be a bug due to switching servers, still. I would NEVER do something like posting under the wrong header! LOL
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    Ranny, it sounds like you have not done chili in the Egg before...IT IS AWESOME !! I would use a plate setter and a dutch oven or similar container. Be sure to leave the top at least 1/2 off in the egg so the smoke can get into the chili. One more GREAT reason to fire up the egg this winter !

• ShortRib
    ShortRib Posts: 180
    Options
    Ranny,[p]I have a killer Southwestern Chicken Chili recipe that has won several contests. Let me know if you want it and I will post it for you.[p]ShortRib
  • Pakak
    Options
    Oh boy, even with the new edit feature I'm really doing well today! I have the recipe in an Excel file so I can half it easily. I didn't notice that the second time I posted, here on the right thread, the quantities are screwy because an extra column was copied. Here it is AGAIN.[p]Black Bean Chili[p]2 TBPS Vegetable oil
    3 LBS Boneless beef bottom round roast
    2 Cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
    1/2 Cup Steak sauce
    3/4 Cup Water
    2 TSP Fresh lemon juice
    3 TBPS Chili powder
    1/4 TSP Crushed red pepper
    2 Cans Black Beans[p]Cube the beef and sear. Add remaining ingredients. Serve topped with grated cheddar and/or sour cream.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    ShortRib,
    I'd be interested in seeing your recipe even if it hadn't won contests. Now it has become critical that you post it! [p]Thanks, and cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Options
    Ranny,
    Here is a recipe that I have served to my fellow football coaches and they fell on it like a bulldog on a hambone! It takes a while because of the smoked pork but is well worth the effort. As an alternative to the smoked pork, you can use a lesser expensive cut of beef (flank, etc) cooked T-rex style and cubed. Either way, the "secret" is in the chili powder. Last thing ... I added a can of black beans to my last effort using beef and cooked over some pecan wood.

[ul][li]Fat Dog's Smoked Pork Chili[/ul]
  • Ranny,[p]Where are you? Are you in a place that insists on teeny cubes of beef and no beans, or in a normal place that likes hamburger, beans and maybe green peppers in beef chili?[p](Is the spelling of the word "flavour" a clue? :-) )[p]Anyway, if it's the latter, here's a link to America's Test Kitchen chili that I recently made and was great - very mainstream. Their motto is something like "We make 3,000 lemon meringue pies so you won't have to". [p]I love these people![p]Lee[p]
    [ul][li]ATK chili[/ul]
  • Eggsellent
    Options
    ShortRib,
    Ditto what Nature Boy says - I'd love to see it! Please post it.

• rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Options
    Rammy
    Here is a link to a lot of chili recipes they can all be cooked on the green egg.
    This site tells you what makes a winner.
    http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/chili/chili_win.html[p]This is just a lot of recipes to check out.
    http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/chili_idx.html
    Hope you win and then share your recipe with us
    Good Luck
    Rose

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Ranny,
    Try this one. It looks complicated but is not. It is really, really good.

[ul][li]Swick and Swick Championship Chili[/ul]