Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

PING: Celtic Wolf

MattMatt Posts: 143
edited 8:21PM in EggHead Forum
CW --

Thanks again for coming out to help last week. Now the bad news....I haven't made any additional adjustments, but the Egg is getting further and further out of alignment. I now have almost a half inch of underbite at the front and the gap by the hinge is about a quarter of an inch. It's large enough that pretty much all of my lump burns up after every cook, even after I shut everything down.

Any advice?

Matt

Comments

• Make him go back and do it right! :laugh:
    The Naked Whiz
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    After he left, the underbite was only about a quarter inch and the dome and base were at least touching by the hinge, though not as tight as when I first got the Egg. A couple of high-temp cooks, and it has worked its way real crooked.
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    Interesting!!

When I get back from New Hampshire I'll come over and redo everything..
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    That hardly sees necessary -- maybe we missed something the first time around?