Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

PING: Celtic Wolf

MattMatt Posts: 143
edited 10:24AM in EggHead Forum
CW --

Thanks again for coming out to help last week. Now the bad news....I haven't made any additional adjustments, but the Egg is getting further and further out of alignment. I now have almost a half inch of underbite at the front and the gap by the hinge is about a quarter of an inch. It's large enough that pretty much all of my lump burns up after every cook, even after I shut everything down.

Any advice?

Matt

Comments

• Make him go back and do it right! :laugh:
    The Naked Whiz
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    After he left, the underbite was only about a quarter inch and the dome and base were at least touching by the hinge, though not as tight as when I first got the Egg. A couple of high-temp cooks, and it has worked its way real crooked.
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Interesting!!

When I get back from New Hampshire I'll come over and redo everything..
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    That hardly sees necessary -- maybe we missed something the first time around?