Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

PING: Celtic Wolf

MattMatt Posts: 143
edited 6:24PM in EggHead Forum
CW --

Thanks again for coming out to help last week. Now the bad news....I haven't made any additional adjustments, but the Egg is getting further and further out of alignment. I now have almost a half inch of underbite at the front and the gap by the hinge is about a quarter of an inch. It's large enough that pretty much all of my lump burns up after every cook, even after I shut everything down.

Any advice?

Matt
·

Comments

• Make him go back and do it right! :laugh:
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    After he left, the underbite was only about a quarter inch and the dome and base were at least touching by the hinge, though not as tight as when I first got the Egg. A couple of high-temp cooks, and it has worked its way real crooked.
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Interesting!!

When I get back from New Hampshire I'll come over and redo everything..
    ·
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    That hardly sees necessary -- maybe we missed something the first time around?
    ·