Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pizza setup for medium egg

PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
edited 10:17PM in EggHead Forum
What do you recomend? I have a medium egg and its platesetter...

• Same setup as other sizes. Platesetter legs down, pizza stone sitting on platesetter with gap (you can use the egg feet). I build my pizzas on parchment paper and place paper on preheated stone. I cook at 400 dome temp for around 1/2 hour per pie.
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Any specific size or brand for the pizza stone?
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    BGE has a very good Pizza Stone but it's a bit pricey. I use a Plate setter, legs down with my own $10 pizza stone on top. Get the egg up to 500°+ with everything in place. The stones must be thoroughly heated. Pizza peel to deposit and remove the pie and after about 5 minutes....yummm yummm yummm.
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Same as all pizza setups, use the search forum feature.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511

BGE makes a stone for the medium that's 12" in diameter.

How's Cali. treating you and the wife?
  • pcipci Posts: 249
    I got a pizza stone @ Target $14 it measures 12& a half diameter so far it has worked great.
  • TripTrip Posts: 26
    I use the plate setter feet up with two fire bricks set in the center of the plate setter on their side, then the pizza stone directly on top of that. I have read so many posts on the forum about people frying their gaskets I have always been reluctant to put the plate setter in feet down.